News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Optimus

Started by Bugo, February 15, 2011, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

painterforum20

I installed the mod but according to Webmasters Tools the Robots Text provided with the mod blocked Google bots from crawling the forum . According to WT 383 important pages were blocked plus there was some syntax error. I dropped completely off Google Search.

daveb47

I have these files on root of forum but none of them are recognised by google webmaster tools

sitemap.xml.gz
sitemap_images.xml.gz
sitemap_mobile.xml.gz
sitemap.xsl

https://daveb47.co.uk

A Slinky is like Jeremy CorbynWinehouse,Weird looking,Not really of any use to anybody.
But its really funny when it falls down the stairs!!:D:D

lepidas

Hi I just installed Optimus Brave but I dont know what to add in these fields

daveb47

Getting these errors on webmaster tools

[code]Sitemap: /sitemap.xml.gz
Type: ?
Error details: 1 Errors, 0 Warnings.
Show:
Show
25 rows
1-1 of 1
# Type Issue Description Issues count Example Line Detected

Errors

Unsupported file format

Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.[

-

Feb 18, 2012

QuoteSitemap: /sitemap_images.xml.gz
Type: ?
Error details: 1 Errors, 0 Warnings.
Show:
Show
25 rows
1-1 of 1
#      Type   Issue   Description   Issues count   Example   Line   Detected

Errors

Unsupported file format

Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit.

-

Feb 18, 2012
https://daveb47.co.uk

A Slinky is like Jeremy CorbynWinehouse,Weird looking,Not really of any use to anybody.
But its really funny when it falls down the stairs!!:D:D

Bugo

Well, don't use .gz format. Do you know about Sitemap mod?

painterforum20

Google only recognizes XML and TEXT fie extensions for sitemaps.  You can create your own sitemap with any of the free online sitemap generators like http://sitemapxml.net/  download the file and upload to your server then submit to Google in your Webmaster Tools account.

bluedragon2k9

hello i have a question.when we use this mod do we leave the  meta keywords that are in admin-feature and options blank or fill them out to?

Bugo

bluedragon2k9

ok i have one last question love the mod so far by the way great work.anyways the robot.txt generation does it matter if i have pretty urls mod? does the mod account for that or  does it matter  at all? meaning will the robots.txt be the same either way.
thanks for the help much appreciated

InfoStrides

Thanks for this great mod. But I am having difficulty with Sitemap generation. It is not working at all.

tectonny

Topic/board pages settings

After the last update to the functioning of nuperação of pages in the term page displays.

MoinFaraz

The only thing i am concerned about is "dupe keywords"

No matter what page content is, it will not generate auto keywords for boards, topics etc...

Would there be a setting to generate auto keywords just like it generate description

shubha

This is not working
"Output board description to the meta-tag description "

James---

@shubba

It is working by me. If I put this option on, this mod will take the description of the board and use it as the meta description for that board.

@ the creator of the mod

QuoteOther small changes to improve the indexing of your forum

Can you be specific and tell us what those changes are? Does this change the breadcrumb homepage link to off?
Een forum starten in 5 stappen: http://www.waardevolleartikelen.nl/?p=4 (mijn visie)

shubha

But it did not working for me and google show the duplicate meta description.

MESWEB

Quote from: shubha on May 25, 2012, 12:41:15 AM
But it did not working for me and google show the duplicate meta description.
For me too.

How to display this:
Quote{topic_name}+{category_name}+ - page {#} - +{board_name} - {forum_name}
I need category name in title tag

Bugo

{category_name} is not provided.

MoinFaraz

Quote from: Bugo on May 30, 2012, 01:17:20 AM
{category_name} is not provided.

Could you possibly address my question mate? or possibly point me in the right direction.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Bugo

I'll add this feature later. Next version, maybe.

Advertisement: