Optimus

Started by Bugo, February 15, 2011, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thilo

Ahhh - perfect ! Thanks :-)

PersianDeveloper

no questions but just in one tiny sweet sentence, this package is a MUST for all SMF forums

thumbs up Bugo

zoki

Is it possible for META Description tag to have not first sentence, but for example first 200 characters from the post? That would be awesome.

jobey

In the verification metatags section, what type of text am i supposed to be putting in the boxes?
  Thanks.

Bugo

What is written there?

mrintech

Quote from: jobey on October 15, 2012, 06:42:15 PM
In the verification metatags section, what type of text am i supposed to be putting in the boxes?
  Thanks.

When you try to verify your Site in Google Webmasters Tool, Bing etc., you will get a small verification snippet. You need to enter these snippets in these boxes

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35179

oloyede JAMIU

can somebody guide me on how to set this mod for my site to be search engine friendly
Do u need free things and free information
Visit http://www.freegist.com.

alphacaveman

Hi there, I'm using Optimus Brave but am running into a problem. It won't change the meta description no matter how I enter the settings. I went to my index.template.php file and saw that I had a meta description in there that it was pulling. But when I remove it, the forum still won't show what I'm asking it to via Optimus. Any ideas? Thanks.

Bugo

You shouldn't change nothing in index.template.php, never. This mod doesn't make any edits with files.

jobey

Apart from entering a description in the forum review....and entering the verification metatags....should i be doing anything else with this mod to optimize the results i get?

Bugo

Not required, but one can use other tabs of this mod.

jobey

Bugo

Quote from: zoki on October 13, 2012, 07:29:18 AM
Is it possible for META Description tag to have not first sentence, but for example first 200 characters from the post? That would be awesome.
Of course, it's possible. Open Subs-Optimus.php, find this:
if ($smcFunc['strlen']($teaser) < 150) return strip_tags($teaser);
and replace with
if ($smcFunc['strlen']($teaser) < 200) return strip_tags($teaser);

Then find this:
$teaser = $smcFunc['substr']($teaser, 0, 150);
and replace with
$teaser = $smcFunc['substr']($teaser, 0, 200);

Finally, find
$result = !empty($tmp1) ? $tmp1 : (!empty($tmp2) ? $tmp2 : (!empty($tmp3) ? $tmp3 : rtrim($teaser)));
and replace with
$result = rtrim($teaser);

Uhura!

Great mod! Where are the controls in the Admin Panel?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Bugo

You wouldn't believe me — Admin Panel => Configuration => Search Engine Optimization :)

Uhura!

It's not that - I thought I would get a faster response in the support thread.

Anyway - it was my lack of attention. i uploaded but did not hit "install"

Sorry LOL!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

alphacaveman

So back to my original post. Whether or not I edit the index.template.php file is irrelevant. The mod still won't change the meta description no matter how I enter the settings.

alphacaveman

Anyone? Optimus Brave, though I ask it to, won't change the meta description anywhere. Any ideas?

Bugo

Try to use original index.template.php, without ANY changes.

alphacaveman

Quote from: Bugo on November 07, 2012, 07:40:35 PM
Try to use original index.template.php, without ANY changes.

As far as I know, that's what I'm doing. :) Can you tell me what parts are essential so I can check them with the SMF default? Or if you know of a quicker, easier way, I'd certainly appreciate that as well.

Advertisement: