News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Optimus

Started by Bugo, February 15, 2011, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Quote from: Kindred on May 07, 2021, 10:25:45 AM
looks to me like a conflict between other mods and optimus.
Interestingly enough, I have the KB installed on two of my systems along with Optimus (using php 7.3) and I don't get any errors.

I have KB installed too but all these weird errors started after I upgraded to PHP 7.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

pocttopus

Quote from: Kindred on May 07, 2021, 10:01:58 AM
SMF 2.0.18 supports up to php 7.4

use php 7.4 for everything.
I had an option to manual change the php version. Now is  PHP: 7.4.16 and I have been able to update Optimus mod to the latest version.

Sitemap now is returning 404 page.
How can I fix this? :-\

Bugo

@pocttopus, do you have sitemap.xml in your forum's root?
Make sure that you properly defined the forum's root path in the robots.txt settings area.

pocttopus

sitemap.xml is missing in the root.
Does this file creates by itself when selected to do so?

Bugo

See the corresponding task in Scheduled Tasks.

Sir Osis of Liver

Installed current version in 2.0.18 forum, all admin actions went wsod.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

Quote from: Bugo on May 08, 2021, 12:48:53 PM
See the corresponding task in Scheduled Tasks.
It works!
Thanks @Bugo, you are very kind.  :)

Bugo

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 08, 2021, 11:15:58 PM
Installed current version in 2.0.18 forum, all admin actions went wsod.
Check file permissions. Do other mods work?

aegersz

Quote from: aegersz on May 07, 2021, 11:00:50 AM
Quote from: Kindred on May 07, 2021, 10:25:45 AM
looks to me like a conflict between other mods and optimus.
Interestingly enough, I have the KB installed on two of my systems along with Optimus (using php 7.3) and I don't get any errors.

I have KB installed too but all these weird errors started after I upgraded to PHP 7.

It working fine now since I upgraded a few mods.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

In Linux, to get the Scheduled Task working to unlink the sitemap, I had to change the parent directory ownership to apache:apache and also chmod 777 it.

I am the only user of my VPS so it's ok.

MohammedFK

OMG! Awesome work bro,
Go ahead and update always, it really helps a lot.

I have Inquiry: Can you make topic title = H1 ?

Now = H1 for the forum name.

Kindred

Quote from: MohammedFK on May 18, 2021, 07:20:09 AM
I have Inquiry: Can you make topic title = H1 ?

Now = H1 for the forum name.

As I said to you in your other thread ---  no, doing that is MUCH more complicated than you seem to think.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MohammedFK

QuoteMUCH more complicated than you seem to think

I think it will be easy with a programmer; Are you suggesting that I switch to another software, Like: vBulletin or XenForo .. etc?

Kindred

I am suggesting that you either consider PAYING for a complicated solution or you LIVE with the functionality that exists in a FREE software with FREE add-ons.

... but sure - If you think that some other software would better suit your needs, then, by all means, go ahead ans switch. Just note that you'll have to PAY for either of those softwares up front --- and they STILL won't do everything you have asked for.
(Hint, however: you will get the same response with those other softwares when you make a complicated request...)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

I've read that other thread as well... For your sake, can you stop asking that? You've been told many times it's a bad idea and very complicated to do. With no offense meant, you don't seem like a knowledgeable programmer who knows what he is doing and still wants/needs to do it no matter what.
Asking about other softwares is also rather rude, like "Hey you don't want to do this so I'll just leave". We don't want to do that because it's just wrong and that's been explained to you.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

pocttopus

Hello folks,

Suddenly sitemaps does not displays as should be. Here is the example and how can I fix this?

gecitli

http://www.webtiryaki.com
webmaster forumu
Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

MohammedFK

sitemap do not update automatically?
what's the problem?

MohammedFK

+ after add my Google Analytics code to (Counters), I found:

QuoteForbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

I an the Administrator

shadav

as for the sitemap, what are your settings for it?

as for the analytics code, sounds like the mod wasn't installed correctly, use the parse button on the mod's download page and make sure that each installation step was done correctly.
Does it work on the default (curve theme)?
smf version?
optimus mod version?
theme in use?

Advertisement: