After LOGIN the Forum starts immediately and as GUEST

Started by Nostraddi, July 28, 2005, 09:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostraddi

Hi,

I have installed the latest SMF Bridge "step by step" and it works, so far.

The Login Module is changed and the old is unpublished.

Now, If i login the Forum starts immediately, that is not the way i want it, I have important contents on the frontpage,
it is important that the user got linked to the frontpage and not the forum.

The second thing is - and i guess i knew what its about - after the login (my name, not registered AFTER smf bridge is installed) the forum starts with guest.

I think the answer is easy, the User Data must be transferred to smf AFTER the Bridge is installed, so that new users added correctly but the old users are still in the second db of smf, right ?

Now, the only thing i want to change is the direct startup of the forum.

Greets and THX for HELP ! Stefan

Kindred

users that existed in mambo before the bridge MUST be ported using the mos2smfusers utility.

users that existed in SMF before the bridge will be automatically ported the first time they log in using the bridge login module.

For your "smf appears on login" problem, access the mod_smf_login module in mambo admin.
Change the "redirect on login" target to something else...
Save the module
Access it again...   change it to what you really want...  Save the module.

For some reason, mambo (this is not directly related to the bridge) does not like to activate some variables untilt he module variables have been "saved" at least once.

And if, after using the module to login, you are not actually logged in to SMF, that means that something is wrong with your installation and you are NOT actually using the bridge login module.  The bridge login module will log you in to both mambo AND SMF (that is, after all, the entire point of the bridge)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nostraddi

Hi and thx for such a fast reply.

I have found the redirect to option and set it - i have inported the user which the mos2smf usertool, but my problem is another one, now.

I have the LOGIN FORM published, and it works for the first time.

Now, I can register, the mail comes, i activate, mos says all ok, if i try to login the left menu got a width of max and the right menu (where the login form is placed) isnt available, if i jumped to another page i see that i am not LOGGED in.

:-(

I have now unpublished the login form, and set the old login to pub.

I will tell you al the install things ive done :

smf forum installed and configured
step by step installation followed and installed
installed code to the template and uploaded
published the login form
transferred the users

any idea ? is it a "simple prob" ?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nostraddi

I have emailed you the LOGIN.

Thx.

I have found out some Information about my Problem.

Problem : After pressing LOGIN the left menu gets oversized and the main and right menu are not shown.

Info : I noticed that this Problem appears everytime the LOGIN MOD tries to load a page.
It appears when i press "No new private messages available" and the mod try to login me into my sm forum, too.

Info2 : I noticed that after i logged in at the main page, and went to the forum via MENU "Forum" (Wrapper IFrame) i was not logged in at the forum.

Info3 : I cant open the Forum directly , without wrapper, if i do this i cant login. I can write my username and my pwd, but after pressing LOGIN the page reloades and tells me "Hi Guest".

I have reconstructed the whole Step by Step Installation (not installing, only check if its okay) and the bot installation, too. I have checked the PHP Code inserts and everything seems to be good.

I cant explain this to myself.

I hope you can help.

By the way, I use mambo 4.5.2 ! and in my Mail for you, I told you the Login was unpublished, now it is published and called "BETA LOGIN" .

The Registration and Login woks fine, but the redirection is a mess, try it and you will see.

For all others who can help, you find my site at www.stefan-bwl.agethen.com [nofollow]

Thx Folks! from Germany, Stefan

Nostraddi

Hey Ya Ho !

I solved it !

I cant believe that is was SO EASY ...

I choose "wrapped" and MUST choose "unwrapped" in the Com_smf

Thats it...

BUT, it is the way ok i do it ?

Thx for your try to help !

Orstio

Your problem is that you opened your forum in the Mambo "wrapper" component.  There is no guarantee that the login nor the registration will work correctly if you do that.

Nostraddi

Kindred

ok... here's the deal.

1) You add a menu item for a COMPONENT (select SMF - Forum form the list)
(do not use the "wrapper")

2) You can now use "wrapped" or "unwrapped" as you desire in the com_smf config.

3) Your large font issues are due to conflicting CSS files. You need to either a) use one of the SMF/mambo theme combinations that have been pre-updated or you need to merge your SMF and mambo CSS files, (especially the duplicate, and hence, conflicting) objects.
Слaва
Украинi

Nostraddi

Hi, thx for your attention.

The Component Menu Item is a good idea, but, as you say, it makes the same problem with the css sheets...i am tired...not today :)

But I cant understand this here (up since 16 hours..) at 11 o clock all is working, after login redirecting to the frontpage, wonderful.

Now, 5 hours later, i got redirected to the unwrapped forum like yesterday...??:(

I got played with the wrapped and unwrapped button to solve it .. but no way, the option eredirect to homepage/forum/last page dont change anything....

whats that for a **** ?

Kindred

Nostraddi...

1) remove the wrapped link to the forum.
2) add a component link to the forum component.

that is the only way that the bridged login will work, logging you into both mambo and SMF at the same time.

3) Edit the CSS files for mambo and SMF.   We have stated this to nearly every new user who complains about the font-size issue.   

4) The login information that you sent me does not work at all. It gives me an incoorect username/password when I try to log into the mambo login module, into smf or into mambo admin directly.
Слaва
Украинi

Nostraddi

@Kindred

The Login I have give you is blocked, i have done this after everything seems to work properly ...

I have unpublished the wrapper-menu-items.

But I dont understand how i must fix my css files for mambo and smf, should i use the same css files ?

Sorry kindred, but i am a bloddy beginner in css, i know for what it is and i know what i does, but i never tested changes with it. I hope you give me a chance to understand..

I have published the Original Mambo Login and set the smf login to special to let new people login correctly...i have got a mass of emails with questions like "i cant login..." "browser window follows to your forum, no way back without logout" and such a thing.

I will search the forum now for an advice how i can merge my css...

I have UNBLOCKED your user information on my server, you have super admin rights.

Thx for your help and i hope i done my best to try to fix it in your eyes.

Greets from Germany, Stefan

Nostraddi

Hi Kindred and other,

I have tried your template "winterloon".

installed its package for smf in smf and activate, installed the mambo package for mambo and activate.

Tried to access the forum with the component menu-item "forum"...

the same error as any times, the left menu bar is shown, the main and right is missing...

i tried this with other css manipulated templates, every time the same error....

it must be another failure in my bridge integration.

greets stefan

Kindred

Nostraddi,

Unfortunately I am going to be out all day today, so I will take a look at your site, tomorrow.
Слaва
Украинi

Nostraddi

Nostraddi

Hi Kindred and other SMF-Foriumans.

I know my Problem, now.

Everytime I added a Menu or everytime my Login Form tries to redirect to the smf forum, the link is set to "item=57" .. there is no item 57, and even the component menu shows me if i add a new menu item "component - " instead of "component - smf forum".

I tried to uninstall everything and installed everything new - no change.

I have uninstalled now the smf forum items and logins and components and and and - and installed the simple forum-for my use it is enough and with community builder it works wonderful in the first try.

I will use smf forum for another website where only a forum is online and no homepage.

Thx for your help but after five days of trying and changing i give up.

Thx KindRed for your attention and help, i wont forget.

Greets Stefan

Orstio

QuoteEverytime I added a Menu or everytime my Login Form tries to redirect to the smf forum, the link is set to "item=57" .. there is no item 57, and even the component menu shows me if i add a new menu item "component - " instead of "component - smf forum".

Empty your Mambo trash.

Nostraddi

Deleted the whole Trash, yes, thats an idea.

I will try it soon.

Advertisement: