News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Anonymous Posting Mod

Started by winrules, August 18, 2006, 01:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adalon

Quote from: [<Sharp>] on July 02, 2009, 11:23:07 PM
Are you using a SMF version compatible with this mod?

I'm using 1.1.9

worldnet

dillon

How can I get this to work on quick reply?  I have certain boards set to be anonymous but on those boards, I would like the option on quick reply.

Thanks

DoctorMalboro

Thanks! i will use it but this always generate spam from other people  >:(

Spanish translation

ModSettings.english.php
$txt['anpost_yes'] = 'Si';
$txt['anpost_name'] = 'Solo el nombre';
$txt['anpost_neither'] = 'Ninguno';
$txt['anpost_require_email-name'] = 'Pedir Email y nombre para poder postear como invitado?';

Post.english.php
[code]$txt['anpost_anonymous'] = 'Anonimamente';

$txt['announce_this_topic'] = 'Enviar un anuncio a los miembros sobre este tema';
[/code]

dillon

Quote from: dillon on December 08, 2009, 06:21:18 PM
How can I get this to work on quick reply?  I have certain boards set to be anonymous but on those boards, I would like the option on quick reply.

Thanks

Can anyone help me with this, I had it now it's gone and my members are desperate to have it back.

Sorry to bump by post.

nnyprs

I have just found this mod, just updated to 1.1.12, and then installed this mod.  I see where it should be, but the area is blank. There is a drop down box, but it is blank too.  Could you please help so I can enable this mod?

sodmanccc

this is a highly used mod with over 30,000 downloads.. is there any support for smf 2.x?

nEK8pYI5vlm

In case anybody is still experiencing the "Require E-Mail and Name for guest posting?" not showing, the changing language method works.
for example: Try going from English to English-UTF8.

Nickhead

which file would i edit to change the text 'Anonymous' to something of my choosing?

TIA!

.Org, .Net, .Com

Nickhead

Quote from: Nickhead on June 05, 2011, 02:56:35 AM
which file would i edit to change the text 'Anonymous' to something of my choosing?

TIA!

i actually figured this one out, but...

and it appears this mod doesnt get many views but...

when a spammer does post on my site, (links are disallowed as guests/anonymous)

i have two questions:

1) how would one go about 'allowing' certain links ie trusted sites like youtube, google video, etc, with these restrictions

2) when we know its spam, in order to ban that posters ip address, you have to open two windows, or run circles trying to open the ban section in the admin, and as well capturing the ip address.

how can this process be streamlined when banning anonymous posters?

.Org, .Net, .Com

Advertisement: