News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Machines Forums attacks

Started by Norv, February 19, 2011, 04:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busterone

I get a server not found error for that site. There is something else going on there it seems.

LibertyPrime

Can you feel the fire? (The fire.)
Can you see the cities burn? (Those cities burn...)
From the depths of hell I call your name (Megaman!)
Can you feel the heat?
- "Man on Fire" - The Megas

ACAMS

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on March 06, 2011, 07:38:14 PM

yay for another user complaining...

instead of finger pointing   you should really see the efforts  of some users who actually wanna learn in order to provide quality support...

to say "there's only a few people  who can actually help"   is very demotivating for me,  why should I keep spending quite a few hours learning the inners of SMF, learning php and such  if people doesn't give a damn about it...   if people think only a few can help and the others are just a mere accessory  or something...   this really piss me off...   here Am I, trying to help as much as I can, given my best and constantly trying to exceed my limits... and for what?  just for be dismiss...   hey! bring the guy with a programming background over here,  he's the only guy who can help me  with my "real issue"...

some of us haven't studied a  computer science career or similar,  some of us are just regular people with jobs and lives that aren't remotely related to coding or programming...  yet we do our best...   I guest that's  just  isn't enough for some people...

lastly,  and this is just me ;)  when I  see something  wrong, instead of complaining  I go ahead and do something about it...

Actually, you and K@ are one of the few, and as Arantor mentioned.....
Quote from: Arantor on March 06, 2011, 07:42:50 PM
It's not meant to be demotivating, it's actually a badly attempted goad to get more people to help. Except that what it ends up being is an observation that there is a skills shortage. You're one of the few people who I've consistently noticed trying to help and learning from the experience.

This is the first time I have seen capady.......and I realize people have a life.

When I first came here there were lots of people here that KNEW the ins & outs of SMF and questions were answered, then POOF!!!!!  they were gone!

LibertyPrime

I'm not sure what keeps knocking the forum that I'm on offline.
Can you feel the fire? (The fire.)
Can you see the cities burn? (Those cities burn...)
From the depths of hell I call your name (Megaman!)
Can you feel the heat?
- "Man on Fire" - The Megas

busterone

Crappy host most likely. It is a co.cc domain.

rugrat

The login attempts seem to be way down on my forum now. Thanks for the Login Verification  8)

gisfreak

SMF really slow today as i try to login

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Illori

Quote from: gisfreak on March 11, 2011, 09:54:33 AM
SMF really slow today as i try to login

your forum? this forum? who's smf install?

gisfreak

Quote from: Illori on March 11, 2011, 10:07:44 AM
your forum? this forum? who's smf install?

sorry, i mean this forum (http://www.simplemachines.org:o ;D

i dunno, but its super slow right now
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Arantor on March 06, 2011, 05:48:56 PM

What ACAMS is getting at is that for anything more advanced than that, there is a real shortage of people with the technical skills, the time, energy etc to sit and get involved in helping people. I'm doing that mostly to assess whether things are bugs or not.
I've been looking to pick up such skills, and I was wondering if you could recommend a good online self-study step-by-step website for MySQL, php, Java and suchlike.  Working with SMF code has been a learning experience to be sure, but I know only just enough code language to get my face slapped.
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

ACAMS

Clara Listensprechen

I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Clara Listensprechen

Bookmarked!  With many thanks!

================

Ummmm, about the "w3fools" issue, I've found that employment certification is a racket, having already been down that road via Cisco training.  I'm just interested in basic how-tos and structure as opposed to certification. The certification racket can be a dead-end too.  Been there, done that.

QuoteWe do not warrant the correctness of [W3Schools] content. The risk from using it lies entirely with the user.

We couldn't put it much better ourselves.

Although we haven't heard from W3Schools directly, we have noticed that W3Schools has started to correct errors we've spotted. These have been noted here with strikethrough. Although we'd appreciate some communication, we're elated they've taken steps to improve their information. Despite these attempts, we are not confident that W3Schools can be reliable as an accurate reference in the future. We think the resources we've recommended are superior.

If I learn code and the code I learn works, that's all the correctness I need. Proof of the pudding, as it were. If it works, it works.  If it doesn't, I'll look elsewhere. After all, I've successfully decoded Gri and I think I have earned some respect for code reading. ;)

TheCollisionVision

Found a problem with tor blocker, I was logged in on my cell mobile hotspot when I installed it..... got completely locked out, I had to call another of my admins to remove it, and I could get on no problem.

IchBin™

Quote from: TheCollisionVision on March 21, 2011, 11:25:36 PM
Found a problem with tor blocker, I was logged in on my cell mobile hotspot when I installed it..... got completely locked out, I had to call another of my admins to remove it, and I could get on no problem.

You should probably post in the support topic for that mod instead.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

TheCollisionVision

Quote from: JenHopkines21 on March 22, 2011, 08:09:36 AM
Thanks for the guide!

I'm not asking for support, just making a point known to potentials downloaders.

IchBin™

Quote from: TheCollisionVision on March 22, 2011, 07:57:36 PM
Quote from: JenHopkines21 on March 22, 2011, 08:09:36 AM
Thanks for the guide!

I'm not asking for support, just making a point known to potentials downloaders.

I wasn't saying you were asking for support. But it's still a good idea to post in the mod topics so that the mod author has a chance to check it out, and so that it's documented in the topic for future users.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

FinsandFur

Quote from: LibertyPrime on March 07, 2011, 08:01:31 PM
The attackers have managed to pretty much knock a forum I'm a member on out completely.  I get the following message when I try to access the site:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The site: neoncafe.co.cc

Hey Liberty~
If thats your forum maybe you should consider updating it. If not tell your friend that his forum is outdated. SMF 1.1.11 has been replaced twice so far since November.

Advertisement: