News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to change message greeting, etc.

Started by sandysue22, February 20, 2011, 11:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandysue22

Oh sure, no rush.

You know, I went back to look at the message again, since I included myself in the mailing of the Newsletter. I wanted a copy to keep for myself.

Another odd thing>>
In the title bar: I typed: >> My Alzheimer's Support Community: Hello! and Welcome!

The copy that arrived in my inbox says>> RE: My Alzheimer's Support Community: Hecko! and Welcome!

Where the name should be: Hello Sandy! ;;;;;;;;;;;; It says:  Hecko Sandy!

(I wouldn't think typing in the RE: line of an email would have anything to do with language or index files.
More like some kind of joke or something)

It's almost like any place I type "Hello", it changes to "Hecko"

I just hate it, too.

The main reason I chose this theme was the color is perfect for my Website and it blends the two together so well.

kat

I've just figured it out...

In your word censoring, I bet you have "Hell" censored, so it shows as "Heck"...

Maybe you ought to change "Hell" to "Hell " and "Heck" to "Heck "?

sandysue22

Oh my gosh! You are a genius! I absolutely do have that in my list.

I was just looking at new themes and so upset that I had to change. Thank you so much!

Now--if I can find that setting again---- I think I'm too old.........

Thanks a bunch!

sandysue22

All Fixed! I think I'm gonna have to hold off on censoring words for awhile--

Thank you again!

kat

Trust me. You're younger than me.:)

Just call it a flash of inspiration.

I entered "Hello" in the search in my text editor and just went to enter the "o" and it struck me.

If only all errors were that easy to fix, ay? (Especially Windoze ones).

Glad I could help. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You can correct this by limiting the sencoring to whole words only I believe, so it won't pick up hell inside other words like hello.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: