[FREE]Crowns For SMF RC4[/FREE]

Started by Pa​vel, February 22, 2011, 04:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

Should I continue developing the mod or someone is officially going to update that[Crown] mod?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

ascaland

Quote from: Joker™ on February 26, 2011, 11:29:50 AM
Should I continue developing the mod or someone is officially going to update that[Crown] mod?

I would be more than glad to if the option is open.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Joker™ on February 26, 2011, 11:29:50 AM
Considering the old one becoming obselete and ignored by its own author, I'll support the new mod all the way. I believe there is a high demand for 2.0 RCx and will be continuing on demand when it goes gold.

Arantor

Quote from: ahrasis on February 26, 2011, 11:06:29 AM
All mods that are submitted is subject to SMF license if they don't use their own, i.e.  the code cannot be distributed elsewhere

Wrong. Unless specifically stated as being in the public domain by the author, a mod is still subject to its author's copyright. And that's final: it's the law.

SMF actually have a legal obligation to remove attachments of mods where they have been updated by people without permission from the author, unless someone can actually evidence that the author has given permission to update mods. Without a licence document to verify it, the only thing that stands up legally is confirmation from the author themselves, through granting a non-exclusive licence to transfer copyright, i.e. sharing.

QuoteI believe, if the mod author is kind and fair, he will allow others to help updating his mods, by members for members, without making it is the updaters' mod by way of updating.

Generally, yes, but permission must be sought FIRST.

This is why there is a thread in Coding Discussion from SlammedDime trying to encourage mod authors to provide a licence for their mods so this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Joker™

I don't know how to say, but the mod was almost complete and my 14 year old cousin somehow managed to format my drive where the mod was saved while formatting her pen drive. I'll be working on it tonight again and will try to complete it asap.

Also my health is not up to mark so it might take some time to me to make the mod again. Please be patient :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Matthew K.

There has to be a way to recover it, recycle bin or download a program to recover deleted files
Quote from: Joker™ on March 01, 2011, 07:27:26 AM
I don't know how to say, but the mod was almost complete and my 14 year old cousin somehow managed to format my drive where the mod was saved while formatting her pen drive. I'll be working on it tonight again and will try to complete it asap.

Also my health is not up to mark so it might take some time to me to make the mod again. Please be patient :P.

KensonPlays

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 01, 2011, 01:06:00 PM
There has to be a way to recover it, recycle bin or download a program to recover deleted files
Quote from: Joker™ on March 01, 2011, 07:27:26 AM

Recovering perma. deleted files is almost impossible. But possible. Recycle bin would always be the first place I would look.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Matthew K.

It's not impossible, at all. I got a virus once that wiped my hard-drive, and a program let me recover all of it.

Joker™

Lol, I might die laughing. I tried a software name "Easy Recovery Professional" and after recovery most of the files are mismatched. Image files are MP3, and when you open MP3 images get open. So, data is corrupted in pretty bad way, as my drive was formatted.

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 01, 2011, 01:06:00 PM
As the drive was formatted so it's bit tough to recover, it's better to create mod again.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

diablo3x.dk

Joker™,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm looking forward to your mod. Have been hoping for an update of the old one from Bulakbol for some time. So your work is very much appreciated.

PM me if you want help with some Danish translation ;)

Joker™

Quote from: diablo3x.dk on March 02, 2011, 03:55:07 AM
Joker™,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm looking forward to your mod. Have been hoping for an update of the old one from Bulakbol for some time. So your work is very much appreciated.

Right now I'm trying to complete the permissions part and will try to complete it by today as tomorrow I'm having a exam. Lets see how far can I complete it by today.

Thanks for translation offer, let me complete the mod, then if it gets approved you can post the translation in mod thread.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

diablo3x.dk

Quote from: Joker™ on March 02, 2011, 04:13:19 AM
Quote from: diablo3x.dk on March 02, 2011, 03:55:07 AM
Joker™,

Right now I'm trying to complete the permissions part and will try to complete it by today as tomorrow I'm having a exam. Lets see how far can I complete it by today.

Thanks for translation offer, let me complete the mod, then if it gets approved you can post the translation in mod thread.

Sure. Will do. Best of luck with your exam and mod work.

Btw do you think the mod will be compatible with RC5? Just read that the topic starter requests for RC4.

Joker™

Quote from: diablo3x.dk on March 02, 2011, 04:24:07 AM
Btw do you think the mod will be compatible with RC5? Just read that the topic starter requests for RC4.
I'm working on RC5 version and as there is not much of a big change in templates so mod will work with RC4 also. If some issues appear in RC4 I'll surely roll out a RC4 version of mod also.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

diablo3x.dk

Joker™

So anyone can suggest nice mod name for this one as I don't want to keep it as crowns, also I haven't got the time to make default images for the mod so there will not be any images in the package, you guys will have to arrange images for yourself for the time being.

If anyone can suggest a good name for the mod, then I'll be submitting it to the mod site pretty shortly.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Helmet, hat, cap, hood, etc...  ;) I would calll it a badge or rank mod but I don't know why.  8)

Matthew K.

Or "pawns" or something. By the wayyyyy, congratulations on becoming a Beta Tester! Exciting =)

Joker™

Quote from: ahrasis on March 02, 2011, 11:55:30 AM
Helmet, hat, cap, hood, etc...  ;)
Helmet hahahhaha, awesome name for mod.

There is already a badge mod on mod site. "Group images", does that sound good?

Ahh got a little bug in the mod, the .lastpost img << this pre defined class in SMF is breaking the images alignment in boardindex as well as in message index. I'm trying to remove this bug but I wouldn't think I can't work for much right now (medicinal effects :P).

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 02, 2011, 12:06:53 PM
By the wayyyyy, congratulations on becoming a Beta Tester! Exciting =)
Thanks ;).

See last post section (in screen shot), that's where we are stuck :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Matthew K.

You trying to blame not coding on being sick? :P I have a sinus infection and am on meds too.
Quote from: Joker™ on March 02, 2011, 12:10:56 PM
Quote from: ahrasis on March 02, 2011, 11:55:30 AM
Helmet, hat, cap, hood, etc...  ;)
Helmet hahahhaha, awesome name for mod.

There is already a badge mod on mod site. "Group images", does that sound good?

Ahh got a little bug in the mod, the .lastpost img << this pre defined class in SMF is breaking the images alignment in boardindex as well as in message index. I'm trying to remove this bug but I wouldn't think I can't work for much right now (medicinal effects :P).

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 02, 2011, 12:06:53 PM
By the wayyyyy, congratulations on becoming a Beta Tester! Exciting =)
Thanks ;).

Joker™

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 02, 2011, 12:15:46 PM
You trying to blame not coding on being sick? :P I have a sinus infection and am on meds too.
LOL, hahah, I too got sinus + cold cough and fever(that's bit under control right now), and most of all my notebook is dead so working on PC.

Someone stealing Joker™'s disease :laugh:
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: