"Quote" and loadtime bug

Started by kattara, February 24, 2011, 02:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

008Rohit

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2011, 09:41:23 AM
QuoteThen I guess everything is happening because of malwares. Any ways I can fix the quote issue?

In all likelihood, fixing the malware problem with fix the quote issue.
But others are too facing this quote issue. Even on smartphones. (No chance of malware on a Nokia)
TechTage Forum - Vintage Technology - on MDDHosting - CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered - MDDHosting Review

Arantor

Quote(No chance of malware on a Nokia)

Any device on the internet is potentially vulnerable, and yes there have been hacks on Nokia devices in the past.

It may be that you have something wrong with the site as well; it works fine out of the box - do go back and have a read of the first page of this thread, where the list of modifications is discussed, and that the code posted for ads is likely also related, so if the ad code is removed/disabled, does it work then?

008Rohit

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2011, 09:55:51 AM
Quote(No chance of malware on a Nokia)

Any device on the internet is potentially vulnerable, and yes there have been hacks on Nokia devices in the past.

It may be that you have something wrong with the site as well; it works fine out of the box - do go back and have a read of the first page of this thread, where the list of modifications is discussed, and that the code posted for ads is likely also related, so if the ad code is removed/disabled, does it work then?
Well, Not. Android and Windows Phone 7 devices have got a few security problems but Nokia/Symbian is still safe, I can confirm that being a Symbian OS Modder. (I even worked for Professional Nokia Hacking Team, http://pnht.org)

Is there any way I can scan my site and repair affected files?
TechTage Forum - Vintage Technology - on MDDHosting - CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered - MDDHosting Review

Arantor

There's no automated way of scanning a site for malware, at least not a thoroughly reliable one.

008Rohit

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2011, 10:42:59 AM
There's no automated way of scanning a site for malware, at least not a thoroughly reliable one.
Then how can I fix these issues?

Arantor

The quickest method is to use the large upgrade package (just for the version you're already on) which will replace all the files with known good ones.

008Rohit

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2011, 11:28:07 AM
The quickest method is to use the large upgrade package (just for the version you're already on) which will replace all the files with known good ones.
Ohk, Got it.
Should I change FTP Password etc too?
+ any good malware removers?
+ Will iPage ban me if I tell them My site got a malware attack? (As I use shared hosting)

And, Thanks for helping me! ;)

NanoSector

It has nothing to do with your site so iPage cannot ban you.

Try MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
works perfectly fine on my pc :)

Or maybe try Microsoft Security Essentials if the above did not solve it.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kattara

It's me again.  ;)

I'm not having any problems loading the forum on my computer.  But I am a computer tech, so I do have quite good security on my comp.  I'm just confused at all the problems our users are having since the upgrade.  Now some report everything works fine.  Others report increasingly slow load time (on both pc and mobile), eventho other pages/forums load fast.

I have tried disabling the ad mods, but that didn't change anything for the users.  I've also disabled hostname lookups.  Any other suggestions?

NanoSector

Quote from: kattara on February 24, 2011, 03:04:55 PM
It's me again.  ;)

I'm not having any problems loading the forum on my computer.  But I am a computer tech, so I do have quite good security on my comp.  I'm just confused at all the problems our users are having since the upgrade.  Now some report everything works fine.  Others report increasingly slow load time (on both pc and mobile), eventho other pages/forums load fast.

I have tried disabling the ad mods, but that didn't change anything for the users.  I've also disabled hostname lookups.  Any other suggestions?
I was reftering to 008Rohit who asked for good security programs.
What security programs do you have?
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

demza

Quote from: 008Rohit on February 24, 2011, 10:03:41 AM
Well, Not. Android and Windows Phone 7 devices have got a few security problems but Nokia/Symbian is still safe, I can confirm that being a Symbian OS Modder. (I even worked for Professional Nokia Hacking Team)

Is there any way I can scan my site and repair affected files?

Hi, I'm using Tapatalk on my RC4 and users who use Tapatalk to access SMF via iPhone or Android did not experience any problems manifested in the RC4 security issue. SMF owners can install Tapatalk for free, but users have to buy it at appstore or android market.

--
I'm not connected with Tapatalk service from any business point of view, this post is just a personal experience regarding RC4 security issue.

kattara

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 25, 2011, 04:03:58 AM

Personally, I use Webroot.  They have the best anti-spyware in the business.  Plus I use Firefox with NoScript installed as well.

kattara

Quote from: demza on February 25, 2011, 04:46:08 AM

Hi, I'm using Tapatalk on my RC4 and users who use Tapatalk to access SMF via iPhone or Android did not experience any problems manifested in the RC4 security issue. SMF owners can install Tapatalk for free, but users have to buy it at appstore or android market.

--
I'm not connected with Tapatalk service from any business point of view, this post is just a personal experience regarding RC4 security issue.

Yeah, we know about Tapatalk.  :)  But the problem isn't with RC4 security issues...   ???

NanoSector

Quote from: kattara on February 25, 2011, 12:52:06 PM

Personally, I use Webroot.  They have the best anti-spyware in the business.  Plus I use Firefox with NoScript installed as well.
Nobody has "the best".
And anti-spyware alone is not enough. You should at least have a combo, the one I mentioned does not kill each other to decide which one goes first and do their job really well. As IT expert you should of have known this.

kattara

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 25, 2011, 03:19:00 PM
Quote from: kattara on February 25, 2011, 12:52:06 PM

Nobody has "the best".
And anti-spyware alone is not enough. You should at least have a combo, the one I mentioned does not kill each other to decide which one goes first and do their job really well. As IT expert you should of have known this.

It's not just an anti-spyware.  lol  I'm not that dumb.  ;)  It's a combo.  But I do take other precautions as well.

kattara

Got the problem fixed.  It was indeed malware.  I just reinstalled the forum, and it seems to be loading fine.  Thanks for all your help!   :)

Robert.

Advertisement: