News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Board Option: See Only Topics Started By You

Started by Thantos, March 15, 2005, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Is there currently any mod that on a per board basis makes it so only the topic starter, admin, and another specified group(s) can see the topic (both in the listing and read)?

Reasoning:
There is a forum I'm admining / setting up for a online game group.  We have an access request board where non members post for access after they have been approved.  Its there so we have a reminder to do it.  I would like to make it so that you can only know about your topics in that board.

Thanks

Amacythe

Is there a reason you don't want to just use the personal message option?

Thantos

Yes, multiple people will have the ability to see all the posts and we want to be able to add/remove people from that group at will.  Plus it serves as a better record then PMs.

[Unknown]

There's no such mod, but adding it would be easy.  It would also significantly slow down the forum, if it were large.

-[Unknown]

rhizome

Has there been any progress on this?
It be very useful for an articles review board I'd like to set up

cheers

drhamad

Wait, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but couldn't you just make the permissions selected see only topics by you?  And don't see topics by others?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Advertisement: