I am torn

Started by talkx, February 21, 2011, 12:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talkx

Well, I did a  test drive on SMF today, and I can say that I really like it. I went so far as to convert my current board to it. Now I am torn, should I convert to SMF or stay with my current mods, themes, and software? I would love some help in this decision. The only 1 problem I have with SMF is the themes aren't very beautiful.   

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

What do you mean by torn? What exactly happened?

Illori

he cant decide between what he has now and moving to smf. there are themes that developers have made that are not hosted on this site that you may find better looking. if you can explain in more detail what you are looking for we may be able to give better advice.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

QuoteWell, I did a  test drive on SMF today, and I can say that I really like it. I went so far as to convert my current board to it. Now I am torn

That means something went wrong Illori as the user liked SMF forum while he was testing it.

Illori

xrunner

Quote from: talkx on February 21, 2011, 12:40:12 PMThe only 1 problem I have with SMF is the themes aren't very beautiful.

Then you don't really have a problem - get some new themes -

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

IchBin™

IchBin™        TinyPortal

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: xrunner on February 21, 2011, 01:07:45 PM
Quote from: talkx on February 21, 2011, 12:40:12 PMThe only 1 problem I have with SMF is the themes aren't very beautiful.

Then you don't really have a problem - get some new themes -

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/
I didn't see ATT's theme in the RC5 section, and I looked. :P  I was hoping to find something new from Shorty, but no go; I'd be a big fan of his Distinct if only it was lighter in color. Too many dark themes running around, IMHO (it's hard on elderly eyes, methinks). Oh, my kingdom for a lighter Distinct!  Hey Shorty, where are u???
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

live627

lol

Haven't seen him in ages and his site's gone too... :/

TheListener

Most of the folks at www.pixelmansion.com were originally from graphicsmayhem.

xrunner

Quote from: Clara Listensprechen on February 23, 2011, 05:54:20 PM
I didn't see ATT's theme in the RC5 section, and I looked.

No, the guy who designed it doesn't support it anymore - don't know why, so I have to keep my copy because I put a lot of work into the forum using the RGBB theme and I don't want to lose it.

Here's the guy who originally made the RGBB theme.

http://www.jpr62.com/

TheListener

I believe he ( Crip?) has all his themes on a demo forum.

Have a look round the showcase or try a search.

Clara Listensprechen

Ya, it's Crip, and I looked first. Love his Anecdota, but got 2 boards with that already and wanted something different...and I really like what he did with ATT. Not only unsupported but unavailable, too.  Waaaaaaaa!
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: live627 on February 23, 2011, 07:21:22 PM
lol

Haven't seen him in ages and his site's gone too... :/
Major, major bummer, that. I may have to get drastic and do the color alterations myself, then, and damn the torpedoes!

Advertisement: