How can i use my Visa card for donate ?

Started by John Sivags, February 24, 2011, 06:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Sivags

Am i able to use my Visa card (International debit card) to my forum to get donate ? Or even if i use paypal, can people donate by credit card, even if they don't have paypal ?

Thanks in advance.

Roph

To GET, as in receive donations, you need a paypal account. To PAY through paypal you can just use your card without a paypal account.

John Sivags

busterone

You need a Paypal account or some other payment system similar to Paypal.  Paypal is by far the most popular.

Kindred

simplemachines.org urrently accepts Paypal, which allows you to pay via credit card.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

John Sivags

Quote from: Kindred on February 24, 2011, 09:45:44 AM
simplemachines.org urrently accepts Paypal, which allows you to pay via credit card.

So how to do it ?

And i've paypal and visa / master - debit & credit card / international.

But some of them who want to donate, they only have credit card, not paypal. If i can add a donate button in my forum from paypal or visa, and if they can donate by their credit card, how and where i've to do it ?

Thanks.

Kindred

paypal allows users to pay using a credit card, with or without a paypal account, as long as the recipient (Simple Machines) has a vendor account (which we do)

But you appear to be asking about your OWN site, which is not what it appeared in your first question.
(seriously folks, if you have a question, please CLEARLY state the problem/question along with the minimum required information like your site URL, forum version, etc...   and post in the correct area. This section is for feedback, not for support questions)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

John Sivags

Ah ok, but i don't know much about this, and wasn't able to find the right category lol
I'm not so wise girl in this things. I'm using my brother's account.

I will try to find that category and post again. But i think the forum version is 2.1.1 or i'm not so sure. And i've tried to find the paypal option there, but can't get that in forum's ACP :(

Thanks.

Edited:
Ok, i just made a new forum right now. Can't see any version there. I think you know the version as i've made 1 now. It's mine, not my brother's.

Now would you please tell me what and how can i get that paypal option in my forum ? o_O And does it cost required ? I mean if i want this facility in my forum should i've to pay for that ?

Thanks..

Kindred

only version 2.0 (which is current still in RC) has the paid subscriptions feature built in.

None of the versions have a simple donate button, but there are several mods  that do that.
Слaва
Украинi

青山 素子

To accept credit cards via PayPal you must have a Premier or Business account. Both of these account types can also support recurring transactions (subscriptions). If you are going to accept donations, you should also verify your account which will increase the amount of money you can receive and send.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

John Sivags

Quote from: 青山 素子 on February 24, 2011, 12:12:18 PM
To accept credit cards via PayPal you must have a Premier or Business account. Both of these account types can also support recurring transactions (subscriptions). If you are going to accept donations, you should also verify your account which will increase the amount of money you can receive and send.

My pp account is verified, and using it in several sites. But now i can't use it in my SMF forum. There is 2 options. 1 is askng for $10, another one $5.

I think i can't add donate button free in my SMF forum :(

busterone

Sure you can. You can get the donate button code from your paypal account's control center and place it on your site, or as was already mentioned, there are a few mods available here that will make the placement easier for you.

Advertisement: