News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Password problem?

Started by MrPB, February 25, 2011, 07:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPB

Hi all, completely new to SMF and having trouble immediately after install.  I have installed via fantastico tools from my hosts cpanel.  No problems there.  When going to the forum and logging on as admin for the first time, it tells me there is an update to 1.1.13, which I ran.

I then register myself a user account (non admin), but it won't let me login.  Just says the password is not valid.  Then when I try to login as admin, it now tells me that password is invalid too.

Any help appreciated as this seems rather weird.

Dzonny

Hello there and welcome to smf community.

I'd say that you shouldnt have to install smf via fantastico and similar softwares, because thay can couse problems.
Obviously in your case it istalled 1.1.12 versions, which is not latest, so you had to update it by yourself.

About password problem, are you shoure that you type right password (double chek caps lock)? Also, i would try with this instruction in your case:
I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do?

But also, if you just installed forum and have no content there, i would consider to reinstall it but with install pack provided on smf.org site:
http://download.simplemachines.org/

Regards.

MrPB

Many thanks Dzonny, installing from the package instead seems to have resolved it.   :)

Advertisement: