News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Where does the posting go on?

Started by MLM, February 27, 2011, 04:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ascaland

Quote from: MLM on February 28, 2011, 09:30:47 PM
Quote from: Project Evolution on February 28, 2011, 09:26:42 PM
So the code is outside of any function?

Correct

It shouldnt be there. Because now everytime you include the Subs-Post.php file its also going to be executing that code. And honestly I have no idea how the error handling can even work if $post_errors is no where to be found in the entire file.

MLM

Quote from: Project Evolution on February 28, 2011, 09:33:27 PM
It shouldnt be there. Because now everytime you include the Subs-Post.php file its also going to be executing that code. And honestly I have no idea how the error handling can even work if $post_errors is no where to be found in the entire file.

lol it does.. I will add to createPost() since i get what you are getting at and it also has the $topicOptions['id'] variable in it so hopefully it might work lol. I will report back soon!

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

MLM

No luck, tried adding to end of createPost() which makes it not run at all..

Also tried adding just above "// We need to know if the topic is approved. If we're told that's great - if not find out." right under the variable stuffs that go on but same effect as having it out..

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

MLM

My question still remains on how to get the topic id that is being posted. I have seen the answer on the first page but it doesn't work (Arantor). I have tried globalizing the the $topicOptions['id']...

id_topic in the _messages db is not auto incrementing so how do i get that number...

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

ascaland

Now im going to take a gamble. Find this in createPost(),
// They've posted, so they can make the view count go up one if they really want. (this is to keep views >= replies...)
$_SESSION['last_read_topic'] = 0;

Add your code above that.

MLM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  ;D

Thank you so much  Project Evolution - Working perfectly even not posting if the topic isnt made.

Your support much much apreciated. Also thanks to Arantor!

TOPIC SOLVED!

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

ascaland

Phew, thank goodness... I was starting to get worried.

Advertisement: