News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Membergroup Error

Started by Alandree, March 01, 2011, 06:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alandree

I made the mistake of trying to put some html code (an img src code to be precise) in the title of two of my membergroups to see if that might work in the place of a star image, and now I am unable to either view the membergroup at all or delete it, when I click on 'modify', the editing area appears totally missing.

Is there any way I can delete these membergroups? In addition, I now am unable to make a new membergroup without it having the same problem, though in that case it works fine to edit the membergroup in the admin panel, but when I look to view the member's profile, it shows it as completely blank and erases all the normal data usually displayed such as name, date last logged in, date registered, etc.

So basically I figure if I can somehow dig out the code that has that group I could just delete it and the group would be gone. I just need to know where that might be, if indeed that would solve the problem. I've worked with SMF for a couple of years now but am not nearly familiar enough with what code is connected to what function.
I am using RC4 at the moment, with several mods installed, but I doubt they are the cause of this error. But correct me if I am wrong!

Illori

in phpmyadmin you will need to locate the table {your_database_prefix_here}_membergroups table, then you can manually edit the titles of each group from here.

Alandree

Ahah! It worked. Thanks so much! :)

Advertisement: