News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Broken Images

Started by Krux, March 06, 2011, 05:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krux

It seems no matter what package I download, if it has its own images.. they won't show on any custom themes.
This really limits me on what packages I can use, as if trying to find RC5 compatible packages isn't limiting enough..

I checked the permissions on the custom theme's folders (recursively), and they all check out at 777.. yet even if I use an FTP
program, it fails to force these images into their proper destination.
Is there any known, and probably..simple solution to this?

Arantor

When you install it, do you select the option to install on custom themes?

Krux

Arantor

Then if the mod isn't installing into custom themes but permissions are all correct (and custom themes have the same permissions as the default theme) you either have a permissions problem, you didn't select it in the first place, or you have found crappy mods that aren't written properly.

Krux

well im sure it's not the mods since this happens with EVERY mod that includes its own images.
the permissions ARE all set with 777.
and I did choose to have it install to the custom themes.

but it seems like no files in the custom themes can be edited, moved, overwritten, and I can't add files to folders that are in custom themes.
both the SMF forum and my host claim that the permissions are 777 but it doesn't act like it.  I think I can only do things to the original theme
that SMF came with.

Arantor

In which case the permissions are wrong (or the file ownership is wrong) and you need to sort it out with your host, because if it's claiming to be 777, it sure isn't acting like it.

Advertisement: