News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF2 RC5 post preview stopped working

Started by mpglivecarlo, March 08, 2011, 12:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

ljunatic please open a separate topic for your issue so that it does not get lost and forgotten.

ljunatic

Quote from: Illori on March 31, 2011, 05:37:30 AM
ljunatic please open a separate topic for your issue so that it does not get lost and forgotten.

Will do, Thanks

mpglivecarlo

Preview stopped working right on firefox 4 :S it takes at least 4min to generate the preview, another thing i noticed is that in the stats of the website when i clicked a month it showed me a day by day stats of registered users, pageviews and other things

now it does not :S

Finally i would like to know how can the bbcode be used outside the forum, for example i have a custom made news page that with a mysql query get the information from a specific post in a category, but when i use BBcode the bbcode shows the syntax or the written bbcode, i want it to show the rendered bbcode and not the code itself.

How can this be done?

For troubleshooting here is a list of the mods that i have installed:

1.    Aeva Media    1.4    
2.    NiceTooltips    1.7    
3.    Highslide 4 SMF    0.6    
4.    AutoKeywords    1.4    
5.    Country Flags    1.1.2
6.    RSS Feeder    1.1.5
7.    Spoiler BBCode    1.1.3
8.    Google Analytics Code    1.3
9.    SMF Staff Page    1.7    
10.    reCAPTCHA for SMF    0.9.8

Some of them are installed using the emulation mode of an earlier version of SMF.

Currently using SMF 2 RC5.

thx

Illori

mpglivecarlo

Quote from: Illori on April 06, 2011, 04:42:31 PM
please update your google analytics code mod to latest version http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=342504.msg2976979#msg2976979

Thx that fixed it! now im left with the other issue:

Finally i would like to know how can the bbcode be used outside the forum, for example i have a custom made news page that with a mysql query get the information from a specific post in a category, but when i use BBcode the bbcode shows the syntax or the written bbcode, i want it to show the rendered bbcode and not the code itself.

How can this be done?

Illori

i would suggest you make a new thread in the coding board for that issue as it is not related to this issue and may or may not be possible.

mpglivecarlo

Quote from: Illori on April 07, 2011, 05:32:21 AM
i would suggest you make a new thread in the coding board for that issue as it is not related to this issue and may or may not be possible.

will do, THX

butch2k

Beware of the header addon as it adds code on the xml requests as well, breaking a few things. Whenever some ajax stuff is not working fine you would want to check the response sent by the server especially whether there is something before the xml tag.
Besides the header addon, things like blank spaces after ?> ending tags of php files might cause issues.

Advertisement: