Package Installation - Modification Parse Error

Started by AngelicKing - BNet, March 09, 2011, 02:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelicKing - BNet

I've been using SMF for quite sometime now and have always loved it for its easy of use. Recently I wanted to install some packages, but no matter what package I try to install I get 2 "Modification Parse Error"s that show up and warn me against taking further action. Well after a long while I finally figured I'd take the risk and install the package, errors and all. Now I'm getting the following message
QuoteYou cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!
Even though the Packages folder and all subfolders/files have '777' permissions. This now happens with all the packages I try to install.

I'm at a loss of what to do now, thoughts/comments/suggestions? Can I revert the RC5 version I have installed to a stable version to fix the issue? If so how?

Thank you for your time,
-King-

Arantor

Create a new folder within the Packages folder called temp and make sure that has 777 as well (for now)

AngelicKing - BNet

OK great well that got rid of the "files not writable" error, but now my old familiar friend is back:
1.    Execute Modification    StopForumSpam2.xml    Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    StopForumSpam2.xml    Modification parse error
How can I go about tackling this?

-King-

Ataru Moroboshi

I've got same thing on my new vps

created temp directory, chmodded to 777, but no luck

works well on .php files, but can't parse .xml

e.g. i can install simple portal, but can't install portamx

alios

i have the same problem

and i-m just trying to instal a simple mod "default avatar"

Illori

Alios please open a separate topic for your issue, so it can be tracked and not get lost.

AngelicKing - BNet

If I were to replace my forum's directory will a complete install of RC 5 and then tell RC 5 to use the old SQL db information, could that rectify the issue?

Thank you for your time,
-King-

Advertisement: