News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Any other image code or something?

Started by TheNiceUb3r, September 12, 2012, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNiceUb3r

The [img] code for my forum does not grab the images and show them or whatever. That is fine I was just wondering if their was any other plugins to get this job done maybe even a better one then the default? I am running smf 2.0.2

mashby

Heya! Welcome to SMF. :)

First off, is the bbcode for the img tag enabled? Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics > Bulletin Board Code? img checkbox checked?

If it is enabled, what code are you using to try to make an image appear?

The above is done with:

[img]http://media.simplemachinesweb.com/smf/default/images/post/xx.gif[/img]
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

TheNiceUb3r

Even with that said, Is their by any chance a better one or a different one? I was on one forum and when you enter the url it shows the image in the actual box like I am typing in now

Like this

mashby

Well, there is the Preview button. Or WYSIWYG mode (which I, for some reason, never use). I think the posting box in 2.1 might support what I see in your image. Wondering if the site from your image has WYSIWYG turned on for you?
- James M. Barrie

TheNiceUb3r

And I am not seeing the above "Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics

TheNiceUb3r

mashby

Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics > Post Settings
Make sure Disable WYSIWYG editor is not checked.
Then under Profile > Look and Layout
Make sure Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default is checked.
- James M. Barrie

TheNiceUb3r

mashby

Is the last image "highlighted"?
I inserted the above after clicking this button:

And I'm seeing the images instead of the code in the reply box before clicking Post.
- James M. Barrie

TheNiceUb3r

I see that now
but how is that mouse button auto checked when members post something? For me it was not

mashby

I am not entirely sure. I prefer seeing the code personally because I know what it will turn into and can use the Preview button to get a visual representation. I haven't yet played with the post box in the upcoming 2.1 though. It might offer a better visual representation when typing replies with images and all of the other formatting.

I TYPED THE ABOVE BEFORE I REMEMBERED TO CHECK THE WYSIWYG TURNED ON
I went to my Profile and made WYSIWYG enabled by default and came back here and saw the arrow button thing was enabled when I got here which allowed me to see the formatting as I typed/made it.

I think you can set that for everyone by setting that in the settings of the theme.
- James M. Barrie

Kill Em All

What do you see when you try to post an image? What shows up in the post?

Can you use the image tag here so we can make sure you are using it correctly; no offense? For example mashby's image.
http://urbanbeerhunt.com/images/beertoast.jpg

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Kill Em All

So what shows up exactly when you try to post it an image? What mods do you have installed?

If all else fails, maybe try this mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1669

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

mashby

Not sure a mod is even needed. This is the code in the last post of TheNiceUb3r:
[img]http://urbanbeerhunt.com/images/beertoast.jpg[/img]

0_0

The question on my mind is what did it look like before clicking Post?
- James M. Barrie

Kill Em All

No, a mod shouldn't be needed. And I'm wondering what it looks like before he posts on his site and after he posts on his site.

Advertisement: