News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

News fader in header

Started by henrik1782, March 10, 2011, 10:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henrik1782

How can I set the new in head to fade like the one you can activate in configuration > actual theme?
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Matthew K.

It's not setup to, you'd have to have it custom coded to fade.

henrik1782

You can activate a news fade section just above your board index on index page. So the code is in there, somewhere... :)

I just wants to cut this code to the header section.
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Matthew K.

It's not that simple, because it used a JS function.

Arantor

Not only that but it won't work properly in the header function without being rewritten (it's actually got two bugs in it already)

henrik1782

Thanks for your answers. It just seem so simple  ;)

Matthew K.

I would suggest trying it yourself then, and actually looking at the code, I know how it's setup, and unfortunately as Arantor and I have both stated, it wouldn't be simple.

henrik1782

Hi labradoodle-360...

Hopefully you didn't misunderstood me... I am a newbe to coding and I even couldn't find the faser part in the code. I am more than convinced that it is complex when you and Arantor says so.

For me... not having your ability... it just seems easy to move one fading line from one fpart of the screen to another.

I must apoligize for not explaining this correctly.

Advertisement: