News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Am pretty sure quotes ain't meant to do this.

Started by Bolt™, March 11, 2011, 01:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt™

I seem to have this problem now where when I use a quotes any other BBCoding under it will not work, this happed in a post once and now happing with my signature.

I really don't know what else to say about as there is not much I can say about this but I hope someone has an answer out there for why this is happen-in.

I first saw this about a month back but did post as I have been trying to fix it myself, I mean I have over three years with SMF so it I did not really want to post a support topic.

My forum: Ultimate Gaming Forum

Thanks very much and have a nice day.

~Bolt3D08

Please don't spam or flame me

Roph

What mods are you using?

Is there anything in your SMF error log? (enable it if it's disabled)

If nothing shows up in the error log, could you attach your Sources/Subs.php file?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Would you happen to have a link to such a post that does not work?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Bolt™

Quote from: LexArma on March 11, 2011, 02:09:26 AM
Would you happen to have a link to such a post that does not work?

I cheak my forum is working everday to make sure everything is working and it is so no broken links!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, if you report an error you can not show us anymore, can not reproduce anymore, or we can not reproduce ourselves - there is really not much we could do the help...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Bolt™

Quote from: LexArma on March 11, 2011, 03:09:28 AM
Well, if you report an error you can not show us anymore, can not reproduce anymore, or we can not reproduce ourselves - there is really not much we could do the help...

There is not errors bit there much be something that is making this happed/not work the way its meant to.

Arantor

Well, if you can give us an example or screenshot of what it's doing, we can usually tell you pretty quickly if that's as it should be or not.

Bolt™

Quote from: Arantor on March 11, 2011, 12:56:02 PM
Well, if you can give us an example or screenshot of what it's doing, we can usually tell you pretty quickly if that's as it should be or not.

Okay here you go, you can see my sexy coding here in this image.

Now look at this image right at the botton of my signature.

There is a quote in the coding but dose not show in my signature, not just quotes as well , thigs like colors won't work under the quote as well.

I do have a lot of mods installed as well so I don't know if its any of them doing this but I hope this post gives you a clear account of what is happen.

Thank you.

Arantor

I'd start by looking at the mod you have for editing the signature area, if you take it out and re-edit your signature does it still misbehave?

Also I get the impression that one or more of your mods may have damaged one of the different types of quote bbc (there are 5 different entries for it) - if you rewrite it to just use [quote] instead of [quote=Lady Gaga] what happens?

Roph

Put "quotes" around the name in the quote title. You need to do this because it's made up of more than one word. Example:

Quote from: Lady GagaThere's nothing wrong with loving who you are!

[quote="Lady Gaga"]There's nothing wrong with loving who you are![/quote]

If you notice, the same "problem" is happening to your signature here on simplemachines.org.

Arantor

I think you'll find that's actually a bug then since I'm pretty sure it's supposed to work without requiring quotes but it has been a long time since I checked that.

Bolt™

Quote from: Arantor on March 11, 2011, 01:56:29 PM
I'd start by looking at the mod you have for editing the signature area, if you take it out and re-edit your signature does it still misbehave?

Also I get the impression that one or more of your mods may have damaged one of the different types of quote bbc (there are 5 different entries for it) - if you rewrite it to just use [quote] instead of [quote=Lady Gaga] what happens?

My mods.
Quote from: UGF Mod's
1.    SMF 2.0 RC4 Security Patch
2.    Most Recent Posts
3.    Forum Firewall    
4.    Remove Help From Menu
5.    Minimize post buttons
6.    SMFShop    3.1.6.1
7.    Member Awards
8.    Activity in Profile
9.    Only Admin See Load Time
10.    New Layout for Last Post Info
11.    Ultimate Profile
12.    Gamer IDs
13.    Enhanced PM Popup
14.    Move Post and Preview Buttons
15.    Signature Dropdown Choices
16.    Image Quote Removal Package
17.    Simple .htaccess Bot Blocker Mod
18.    PM Sent Notification
19.    Topic Solved
20.    Restrict Email Providers on Registration
21.    Space Between Posts
22.    RSS Feed Icon
23.    Custom_Top_menu
24.    Enhanced Dropdown
25.    Remove Hot Topic & Message Icons Mod
26.    Remove images from quotes
27.    Bad Behavior mod
28.    SimplePortal
29.    Hide ip stuff for users
30.    Reason For Editing Mod
31.    SMF Staff Page
32.    Aeva Media
33.    Post Unapproval
34.    [user] BBC Tag
35.    Register At Post View
36.    Users Online Today    
37.    Country Flags
38.    High Server Load Warning
39.    VB Style Board Index
40.    Remove XHTML, RSS & WAP2 Links in Footer

Quote from: Arantor on March 11, 2011, 01:58:56 PM
I think you'll find that's actually a bug then since I'm pretty sure it's supposed to work without requiring quotes but it has been a long time since I checked that.
I know its bug.

Quote from: Roph on March 11, 2011, 01:57:12 PM
Put "quotes" around the name in the quote title. You need to do this because it's made up of more than one word. Example:

Quote from: Lady GagaThere's nothing wrong with loving who you are!

[quote="Lady Gaga"]There's nothing wrong with loving who you are![/quote]

If you notice, the same "problem" is happening to your signature here on simplemachines.org.

I don't have it quoted on this forum just my own.

Bolt™

Bolt™

Bolt™

Arantor

No, I don't think anyone knows what's happening because no-one but you seems to have the issue in question...

Bolt™

Quote from: Arantor on March 15, 2011, 09:48:24 PM
No, I don't think anyone knows what's happening because no-one but you seems to have the issue in question...

Wow, trust me to get a werid bug that no one else gets!

Advertisement: