News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Invert Triggers

Started by vbgamer45, August 22, 2013, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to Mod

Invert Triggers

Thanks To: hadesflames
SMF Version: 2.0.X
Mod Version: 1.0

Description:

This mod adds some code to ban triggers to give option to select all so you don't have to check each individual trigger separately.

Saving time and nerves.

Mod is released under the 2 clause BSD license.

http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

br360

Cool mod, but tried the uninstall (on two different forums), and it fails.

Looks like this code was added twice maybe?

<input type="checkbox" onclick="invertAll(this, this.form, \'ban_suggestion\');" class="input_check">

Shambles

^-- yep. The edit is being applied twice to the first occurrence of $txt['ban_triggers']

Always good to see that testing has been thorough  :o

Deaks

there are 2 different instantaces of that text so indeed its there twice.  Its been rectified though.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

hadesflames

Quote from: Shambles on August 22, 2013, 03:46:23 AM
Always good to see that testing has been thorough  :o

I've had this mod since before it was released on here, and it works just fine on uninstall, and that's also having a bunch of other mods on my forum installed.

The reason it does the edit twice is because it HAS to, since there are two different areas that present the boxes for you.

Always nice to see a member of the community act so grateful for getting free software though! =)

Shambles

My point was that it failed to uninstall on an unmodded forum, mostly due to it failing to install correctly.

If it works just fine for you, why did the author feel the need to "rectify" it ?

Deaks

actually hades was the one behind it and told me to release it if I wished, my way worked fine on the tests and installed, i rectified it as I was shown a way that will stop more people complaining.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

Deaks

yay someone got the joke in my comment :*)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

::)

well guys this is not a complaint of the mod just the installation. I just tried to install by using the link provided in package manager advertiseing above my list of mods....it said:

An Error Has Occurred!    Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

I did

I just tried installing it and it claims that it has errors -- see image -- is that the two instances you are referring to? Is it safe to continue or should i manually edit the file.

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Deaks

you will need to manually add that edit, you must have another mod installed that modifies that section
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

DarkAngel612

ok, jus wanted to make sure, thanks
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Advertisement: