News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hidden thread on forum.

Started by Colask8, March 13, 2011, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colask8

Hi,
i need help with SMF, is there any way I can make that Users can make threads but those threads will be hidden, i need it for Application method for game, so other applicants wont copy paste the applications. So basicly i need permissions to be 'can see forum', 'can post thread' but cant read forum(threads). Is there anyway I can do this?

Arantor

Not without modifying SMF.

Though there's the custom form mod and SimpleDesk that could both handle what you're talking about.

Illori

well would post moderation in that board work as long as the posts are never approved?

ACAMS

You can also create a board/create profile/create usergroup and assign access only to those that are working on the project.

Illori

Quote from: ACAMS on March 13, 2011, 08:53:49 PM
You can also create a board/create profile/create usergroup and assign access only to those that are working on the project.

that will not really allow new people to post there but not be able to view the others posts. but post moderation should allow this as long as posts are not approved.

kat

I wonder if the Hide Tag mod could be used, for this...?

Arantor

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on March 14, 2011, 07:07:10 AM
I don't think so, no.
Well, the user can see the topics, but the poster of the topic can hide it's content, so it will be like it's hidden.

But indeed that is not what the user asked.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Colask8

Well, im runing a wow guild, and we are electing new officers, so the officer application shouldnt be seen by anyone. ill see with mods custom form mod or simple desk. Thank you, imma let you know if i solved it =]

Arantor

Custom form mod, then, and have it directed into a board that the user can't see - but staff can.

Colask8

Thank you, that was very innovative in our application system.

Advertisement: