News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ostara

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 13, 2011, 08:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Link to the theme

The word Ostara is just one of the names applied to the celebration of the spring equinox on March 21. The Venerable Bede said the origin of the word is actually from Eostre, a Germanic goddess of spring. Of course, it's also the same time as the Christian Easter celebration, and in the Jewish faith, Passover takes place as well. For early Pagans in the Germanic countries, this was a time to celebrate planting and the new crop season. Typically, the Celtic peoples did not celebrate Ostara as a holiday, although they were in tune with the changing of the seasons.

So lets celebrate the sabbat to bring in spring with style on your forum.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Mick.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

dsantana

Hi,
Is there a way to change the background pic to other pics for other occasions?
SMF 2.0 | VJB2.0 Custom Theme | Simple Portal 2.3.3

Deaks

index.css look for

background: #98c3fe url(../images/theme/backdrop.jpg) no-repeat;

and change the url (the bits inside the brackets) to where your image is ... also change the color #98c3fe to what color you want
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

dsantana

Wow you are fast!!! Thanks so much!!!
I actually already jet went to where the image was and replaced it with another...
Is there a way to make that image static though? It seems it would be in that line of code where it says no-repeat to something else?

dsantana

I did a little reseacrh and figured it out... Thanks for the great theme!!!

dsantana

Quote from: Runic on July 14, 2011, 04:50:48 PM
index.css look for

background: #98c3fe url(../images/theme/backdrop.jpg) no-repeat;

and change the url (the bits inside the brackets) to where your image is ... also change the color #98c3fe to what color you want
Take a look at the attached pic please...
What would I change to make it a little less transparent?

Deaks

you would need to remake white.png located in images/theme
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

dsantana

Hey if you'd like to see your theme (although a bit modified) on my site check out www.vintagejetboats.com

I have another question for you too and thanks again for all your help so far...

Anyplace I have a html link it does not stand out, no underline, no color change, nuttin.
Where would I go to put and underline on links and how would I do that?

Thanks

dsantana

The Ostara theme is not letting SMF media thumbnails be visible.
If I change to the default them it is good.
What needs to change to fix this please?

http://www.vintagejetboats.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=43

Deaks

its not the design, there is nothing in the design that would effect this, this is more something you need to ask the mod authors.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

dsantana

When I switch from Ostara to Curve I can preview the images in thumbnails.
When I switch back to Ostara I can't preview thumbnails, you say that is not in the theme?

Deaks

yes I say its not the theme, why simple the theme is based on curve, there is no coding nor reason for the mod not to display on the theme, unless the mod could not make necessary changes to a file in the theme.   But as I said there is no coding or anything that would prevent the mod working.  Why not post link of the mod :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Jassy

Hi! I am using this theme, and I had a question about the transparency for the index page. The view/topic count cell appear to be solid while I am able to get the remaining cells transparent.

I tried to get that cell to be transparent as well by removing the image from the windowbg code, but while it does make the front index page transparent, it removes the background completely from all the other pages. Is it possible to just edit the front page to make that transparent without effecting the rest of the forum? Thank you.

Deaks

you would need to alter thje code in boardindex.template and create a new class for it as this theme does not have a boardindex.template.php you would have to make a copy from the default theme folder and place it in the ostara directory, if you want further assistance please do what I suggested above and then attach the boardindex.template.php and iondex.css
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Jassy

Okay, I made a copy and put it in the same folder. What will I need to do next?

Krivich26rus

The theme is no longer supported?

vbgamer45

Not being actively updated still should work for SMF 2.0.x
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Krivich26rus

SMF works on 2.0.11. The problem with the design of the theme - can't change color. Sorry, I use translator Yandex.

Advertisement: