News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Fatal Error When Uninstalling My Mod

Started by Xarcell, March 14, 2011, 12:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

So I made a custom mod that makes template edits. I was testing the mod to make sure it works by installing and uninstalling correctly.

It installed perfectly, but failed on uninstall. There was test successful on all checks.

Here's why it failed, I removed code to run "install.php" in the package-info.xml. However I forgot to remove the uninstall code for "install.php" in the package-info.xml before zipping it for testing.

I tried different things to try and get the mod uninstalled. Any suggestions besides reverting the edits manually and then deleting the package?

Would an upgrade package work? How would I do that?

Thanks.

live627

Hmm, if your install.php only does db edits (typical of those kinds of files), it doesn't follow that that file did it.

However, if that is justa test site and any modifications done to it can be easily be dismissed, a large upgrade'll get you back to speed. Just redownload the large upgrade package and overwrite all files in the ./Sources and ./Themes directories. Don't need to run the upgrade script (heck, my forum files are at RC5 and db at RC3! Well, not advised, but yeah)

Xarcell

Quote from: live627 on March 14, 2011, 02:50:31 AM
Hmm, if your install.php only does db edits (typical of those kinds of files), it doesn't follow that that file did it.

However, if that is justa test site and any modifications done to it can be easily be dismissed, a large upgrade'll get you back to speed. Just redownload the large upgrade package and overwrite all files in the ./Sources and ./Themes directories. Don't need to run the upgrade script (heck, my forum files are at RC5 and db at RC3! Well, not advised, but yeah)

Yes, but when I go to uninstall, I get
QuoteFatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xarcell/public_html/inspireromance.com/Packages/temp/uninstall.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xarcell/public_html/inspireromance.com/Sources/Packages.php on line 945

I reckon I'll manually remove the edits manually, and delete the package. I can do that right? This is on a live site. Or or it be better to upgrade the mod? How do I do that?

SlammedDime

Just edit the package in your Packages directory, open package-info.xml and remove the line for the uninstall.php file.

Or just make the change to your package-info.xml, rezip it, and manually upload the file to your Packages directory via FTP then uninstall.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Xarcell

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 14, 2011, 03:10:03 PM
Just edit the package in your Packages directory, open package-info.xml and remove the line for the uninstall.php file.

Or just make the change to your package-info.xml, rezip it, and manually upload the file to your Packages directory via FTP then uninstall.

Thanks that did the trick!

Advertisement: