Error: Update rc4 > rc5

Started by duzzzstar, March 15, 2011, 09:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duzzzstar

When I try to upload the package smf_2-0-rc5_update.zip:
Quote"An Error Has Occurred!"

When I try to exec(/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=smf_2-0-rc5_update.zip) a package in the server too:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

Illori

where are you uploading it to?

Arantor

You're not supposed to use the package manager. Package manager updates are not available for release candidate changes, and never have been except for minor security patches (2.0 RC1 -> RC1-1 -> RC1.2, 2.0 RC4 -> 2.0 RC4 + patch)

See Upgrading SMF

duzzzstar

Look. If I do it I'll replace the original files and lose my customizations, right? I don't know how to update to RC5 not losing my custom things. This tutorial 'talk' about replace the files...

Illori

replacing the files is the best way to upgrade with a release candidate. you can always try the RC4 security patch, but to upgrade to 2.0 gold you will need to replace all your files.

Arantor

QuoteThis tutorial 'talk' about replace the files...

That's the ONLY way to do an upgrade between release candidates, short of comparing every file by hand and manually making all the changes. Believe me, that's not a fun task having done that more than once.

Advertisement: