Boards not allowing new posts

Started by transientangler, March 15, 2011, 11:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transientangler

Site is
Version SMF2.0 RC5 - recently upgraded
My problem is that I have a bunch of boards that arent allowing new posts. I attached two pictures of the top and bottom of the boards that this is happening on to give you a look. Im not really technical but I can get the files out of the server to adjust or give to you if you know what the problem is. Can someone help me out?

package list is

1.    Change Poster Info to the Right Place    1.0    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    New Topic in Seperate Color    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    CustomBox    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    H1 Tags in link tree    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    TinyPortal    1.102    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Tagging System    2.4.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Facebook Sharer Mod 1.3    1.3    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    SA Chat    Beta 1 Rev37    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Referrals System    3.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Aeva Media    1.4a    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Ad Seller Pro    1.0.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Pretty URLs    1.0RC5    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Remove XHTML, RSS & WAP2 Links in Footer    v1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    MetaTags Modification    1.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Show your social networks    2.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    Post Count Visible Only To Admin    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    Countdown BBCode    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    Ad Managment    3.0.1    [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

transientangler

I have tried to link you to my site but the board here is not allowing me to do so. if you look at the pics you can see the URL I think. if not its canadianakayakanglers

aidyUK

Quotepackage list is

2.    New Topic in Seperate Color    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    CustomBox    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    H1 Tags in link tree    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    TinyPortal    1.102    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Tagging System    2.4.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    SA Chat    Beta 1 Rev37    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Referrals System    3.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Aeva Media    1.4a    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Ad Seller Pro    1.0.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Remove XHTML, RSS & WAP2 Links in Footer    v1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    MetaTags Modification    1.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Show your social networks    2.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    Post Count Visible Only To Admin    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    Countdown BBCode    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

sorry had to tidy it up so we could see just the mods you had installed as mods to install have no factor.

by looking at the vast ammount of mods you have im guessing a conflict in some of the post related mods.
Infernogaming | xxaidyukxx <- Aim just add me

transientangler

Which ones should I uninstall?
Is it normal to get errors everytime you uininstall something? it seems to be the way it is working now that I upgraded?
I can take out whatever you want me to to fix the issue. Im only hoping the tagging ones and the SEO ones can stay. But if not then I will go bare bones to fix it.

aidyUK

im not sure exactly which ones are causing it but i think it might be the post related ones.

if you uninstall and get an error message plese can we see the error message.

lets hope you dont need to go that far to solve the problem.

also have you used version emulate to install any of these mods

NanoSector

Did you setup the permissions for that board correctly?

Admin > Forum > Boards > (the board that doesn't allow posting new topics) > Permissions
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

aidyUK

or do that its better than my idea i always overlook the simple things first. :( i do try

NanoSector

Quote from: aidyUK on March 15, 2011, 12:25:02 PM
or do that its better than my idea i always overlook the simple things first. :( i do try
Meh, your idea wasn't bad either :P Sometimes mods CAN indeed cause problems ::)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

aidyUK

@yoshi thanks

@transientangler try yoshi's idea first and if that isnt the problem THEN try looking into your post related mods

SlammedDime

Did anyone else not see all of the missing language strings?

What version did you upgrade from?

What language are you using? (Don't guess, look in your profile and admin panel and be very specific).
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

NanoSector

At the screenshots I see you are missing LOTS of text.

You sure you have the language COMPLETELY installed, for one thing?
(Still try my previous solution in case)

EDIT: Hijacked by SD.

transientangler

It looks as though my permissions for all of my boards have been set to default. I have never messed with permisions on this site.
I am looking for this profile in the admin area and cannot find this. Can you be more specific as I am not familiar with this area.

transientangler

aidyUK

default permissions are good means everybody can post.

what language are you using like yoshi and slammed dime said

SlammedDime

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 15, 2011, 12:34:12 PM
What language are you using? (Don't guess, look in your profile and admin panel and be very specific).
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

NanoSector

Quote from: aidyUK on March 15, 2011, 12:44:44 PM
default permissions are good means everybody can post.
However, which is not the case.

transientangler

again. To me a profile means a persons area for their personal info. I have no clue what or where to go to see the language.  I have went on the admin panel and searched all over and cannot find a certain area that shows me languages.
If there is a specific area for this please outline directions as I am not familiar with where to go or what you are after.

transientangler

I have also noticed over 43000 errors are occurring in my error log. I had never looked at this section before until the upgrade and i deleted the log to see if they were from before but then within an hour I had 700. now there is 43000. How normal is that?

SlammedDime

Here's what I would suggest then... FTP to your site, go to Themes/default/languages and remove any file that does not end with '.english.php'  This will leave only the default english language files.  Then we can go from there.

The errors are not normal, but they're happening because your language files are messed up.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

transientangler

Advertisement: