News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Wrong upgrade pack

Started by reinner, March 17, 2011, 02:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: reinner on March 18, 2011, 04:50:21 PM
Quote from: Illori on March 18, 2011, 03:27:00 PM
large

that was quick. thanks Illori

Update:
I still got the same problem.

Can I just reinstall my whole SMF from scratch?
I just need to know how to keep the posts and the members.. How do can I do that?
Make a database backup, clear your database, reinstall SMF and clear your database again. Then import the database backup (extracted!!!!!) again.

Need more instructions?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Illori

you dont need to reimport the database like you suggest, just overriding the files with the large upgrade package then installing your mods again will give you a fresh set of files and fix most issues that are not database related.

NanoSector

Quote from: Illori on March 18, 2011, 05:41:28 PM
you dont need to reimport the database like you suggest, just overriding the files with the large upgrade package then installing your mods again will give you a fresh set of files and fix most issues that are not database related.
The user asked if he could reinstall the whole forum.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Illori

usually by that they mean the files, the database is usually just fine the way it is. and if they want a clean install with the old database it may also need an upgrade so putting it in place first then running upgrade.php would be preferable.

reinner

thanks for all the help. all issues are solved. iam now going to mark this as solved.
i used the 'upgrade from scratch thing then imported my database/

Advertisement: