News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Database Specific Restoration

Started by xMichael2008x, March 19, 2011, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMichael2008x

Hello,

I am wondering what SMF databases (in phpmyadmin) would I have to restore ONLY if I want to restore the old registered users, forum posts/topics,  archived private messages and nothing else.

NanoSector

{prefix}members
{prefix}posts
{prefix}topics
{prefix}boards (not required but recommended)

replace {prefix} with the prefix used (smf_ for example).

Not sure for PMs.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

xMichael2008x

Is it possible to restore a SMF 2.0 RC3 and or RC4 database to a NEW INSTALLATION of SMF 2.0 RC5? That's my case atm, I have an RC4 forum and I installed RC5 into a new directory in my website. I just want to transfer the members/forum posts and topics but I am receiving SQL error messages.

NanoSector

Quote from: xMichael2008x on March 19, 2011, 04:48:40 PM
Is it possible to restore a SMF 2.0 RC3 and or RC4 database to a NEW INSTALLATION of SMF 2.0 RC5? That's my case atm, I have an RC4 forum and I installed RC5 into a new directory in my website. I just want to transfer the members/forum posts and topics but I am receiving SQL error messages.
Try upgrading the RC4 forum in a separate directory.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

xMichael2008x

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 19, 2011, 04:53:28 PM

Is there no other way to start a fresh new installation of SMF by just transferring the users/posts? I have so many junk and back up files in my SMF directory that I don't really need and I want to start fresh but keep registered members

I get the error message when i try to transfer smf_members into the new database in phpmyadmin:

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `smf_members` -- INSERT INTO `smf_members` (`id_member`, `member_name`, `date_registered`, `posts`, `id_group`, `lngfile`, `last_login`, `real_name`, `instant_messages`, `unread_messages`, `buddy_list`, `pm_ignore_list`, `message_labels`, `passwd`, `email_address`, `personal_text`, `gender`, `birthdate`, `website_title`, `website_url`, `location`, `icq`, `aim`, `yim`, `msn`, `hide_email`, `show_online`, `time_format`, `signature`, `time_offset`, `avatar`, `pm_email_notify`, `karma_bad`, `karma_good`, `usertitle`, `notify_announcements`, `notify_regularity`, `notify_send_body`, `notify_types`, `member_ip`, `member_ip2`, `secret_question`, `secret_answer`, `id_theme`, `is_activated`, `validation_code`, `id_msg_last_visit`, `additional_groups`, `smiley_set`, `id_post_group`, `total_time_logged_in`, `password_salt`, `mod_prefs`, `warning`, `ignore_boards`, `passwd_flood`, `new_pm`, `pm_prefs`, `openid_uri`, `pm_receive_from`) VALUES (1, 'WingZero', 124356422[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

NanoSector

Quote from: xMichael2008x on March 19, 2011, 05:09:21 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 19, 2011, 04:53:28 PM

Is there no other way to start a fresh new installation of SMF by just transferring the users/posts? I have so many junk and back up files in my SMF directory that I don't really need and I want to start fresh but keep registered members

I get the error message when i try to transfer smf_members into the new database in phpmyadmin:

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `smf_members` -- INSERT INTO `smf_members` (`id_member`, `member_name`, `date_registered`, `posts`, `id_group`, `lngfile`, `last_login`, `real_name`, `instant_messages`, `unread_messages`, `buddy_list`, `pm_ignore_list`, `message_labels`, `passwd`, `email_address`, `personal_text`, `gender`, `birthdate`, `website_title`, `website_url`, `location`, `icq`, `aim`, `yim`, `msn`, `hide_email`, `show_online`, `time_format`, `signature`, `time_offset`, `avatar`, `pm_email_notify`, `karma_bad`, `karma_good`, `usertitle`, `notify_announcements`, `notify_regularity`, `notify_send_body`, `notify_types`, `member_ip`, `member_ip2`, `secret_question`, `secret_answer`, `id_theme`, `is_activated`, `validation_code`, `id_msg_last_visit`, `additional_groups`, `smiley_set`, `id_post_group`, `total_time_logged_in`, `password_salt`, `mod_prefs`, `warning`, `ignore_boards`, `passwd_flood`, `new_pm`, `pm_prefs`, `openid_uri`, `pm_receive_from`) VALUES (1, 'WingZero', 124356422[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

Because you need to create a new database...

xMichael2008x

Okay, thanks I got the members transferred over to the new installation.

Thank you so much!!!

NanoSector

Quote from: xMichael2008x on March 19, 2011, 05:16:22 PM
Okay, thanks I got the members transferred over to the new installation.

Thank you so much!!!
No problem ;)

Advertisement: