errors with foreach() and unserialize() after utf8 conversion in test forum

Started by abraamz, March 21, 2011, 08:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abraamz

i used the link in the admin area to convert my 2.0rc4 patched forum to utf8 (greek).
The errors below appear for every topic i load. some of the messages are cut off or empty.
Quote*********/index.php?topic=7733.15

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

File: **************www/smfnew/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1266
Quote***************/index.php?topic=7733.15

8: unserialize(): Error at offset 45 of 233 bytes

File: *******www/smfnew/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1264

When i clicked for the conversion the first time i got an error message but the second time it worked fine (no reported errors)
I have used the convert html entities option.
The forum has been1.1, 1.0 and originates from yabb
Also i had installed ajax quick reply mod that made all posts made through it as html entities but i dont know if its related.

Can someone suggest what is wrong here?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Can you try converting it again to utf8? I hope by converting, you do not convert the default language which should be English or English utf8 so far that I am concern (which I may be wrong).

abraamz

By converting to utf8 i mean to clikc on the related link in the admin area. After that i upload the related utf8 language files for the menus and all other forum text.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

So basically you are still using english except that you have it converted to utf8 by using the tool. Then you change the default language to greek utf8 right? Then only you find a lot of these errors for the first time and nothing on the second.

Hmmm... I really am not sure on how to go about helping you on this.  I think may be the database is taking sometimes before it responded to your request to convert entities from html to utf8 in the database. Since you said that there is no problem in your second time, I guess there is nothing you should be worried about.

abraamz

Quote from: ahrasis on April 12, 2011, 10:15:40 AM
So basically you are still using english except that you have it converted to utf8 by using the tool. Then you change the default language to greek utf8 right? Then only you find a lot of these errors for the first time and nothing on the second.
I think i had greek when the conversion was made. after the conversion i couldnt read forum menus be cause i hadnt uploaded greek-utf8. I changed from greek to english through setting.php, then uploaded greek-utf8 and then changed to greek-utf8. The errors didnt stop because the errors appeared every time i visited a topic.

Quote from: ahrasis on April 12, 2011, 10:15:40 AM
Hmmm... I really am not sure on how to go about helping you on this.  I think may be the database is taking sometimes before it responded to your request to convert entities from html to utf8 in the database. Since you said that there is no problem in your second time, I guess there is nothing you should be worried about.
Well it was a test forum so nothing vital was last.
I had installed a mod (ajax quick reply)before  that made many posts in the forum with html entities, and wanted to convert them to ordinary characters.

In my tests i had these errors and some messages lost completely or just a part of them.
I have no solution or explanation about those lost messages and i dont know how many of them are lost. the error messages scare me enough to not use utf8 until i find some other tool to use with no errors.

Advertisement: