News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Split SMF copyright info from footer

Started by agent47, March 21, 2011, 07:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent47

Site URL: http://www.superheroalliance.net

Could someone please be kind enough to tell me how I can split the "SMF copyright info" so that it falls right below the dark footer space as it looks on this site

Please do tell as I have been trying to figure this one out for quite a while now....

Thank you...

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Arantor

Not sure I know exactly where you want to put it?

agent47

Arantor

Still not really getting it. It's already below the content... just looks to me as though you're moving it further down in the black.

Jakob Fel

I'm not sure how to do it, but I believe he wants it to be on the bottom left-hand corner of the forum.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

agent47

In a way Jaekob is right but alignment is not what's important. I'm saying I don't want the copyright to stand over the "dark grey" area... It should be below it... Maybe a screenshot will help...

agent47

Anyone?
Still trying to figure this one out :'(

SlammedDime

Move <div id="footerarea" /> out of <div class="ds_container" /> so it's right below it in the flow.

Then add 'overflow: auto' to .ds_container in your CSS

Then add whatever 'background-color:' you want in your CSS to #footerarea.

(Have you tried using Chrome's Dev tools for Firebug for Firefox to edit the HTML and CSS in real time?  It took me 3 minutes to come up with that)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

swoodie

Quote from: SlammedDime on April 06, 2011, 06:49:36 PM
Move <div id="footerarea" /> out of <div class="ds_container" /> so it's right below it in the flow.

Then add 'overflow: auto' to .ds_container in your CSS

Then add whatever 'background-color:' you want in your CSS to #footerarea.

(Have you tried using Chrome's Dev tools for Firebug for Firefox to edit the HTML and CSS in real time?  It took me 3 minutes to come up with that)

Hi any chance or a example or how to do this?  i have been trying but can only get it like this, so i have to also to edit my css file as well to get formatting?

CapadY

This is not a SMF Theme, it's a Dziner Theme. So I think support should be given by Dziner, thats the one who knows how it's made.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

swoodie

Quote from: CapadY on May 18, 2011, 03:36:24 AM
This is not a SMF Theme, it's a Dziner Theme. So I think support should be given by Dziner, thats the one who knows how it's made.

Oh

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Did you get help over there? Can we mark this solved? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: