News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cant change url not even with repair_settings

Started by Steam13, March 24, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam13

OK guys this i really need help i love a good challenge but i surrender!

I'm feeling a kind of dumb noob although I use SMF for 2 years. I have migrate the forum many times with no problem.
Anyway, this time i try harder, of course i start on Admin console on Database paths when i input and the new URL the 127.0.0.1 remains, i look on settings file the URL is the URL i want use, so its ok, next with repair_settings he let me change but on the recommended value keeps the 127.0.0.1 , then i look inside database because i thought could be stuck the URL on it, i find others URL but not the URL Forum.
The URL stuck on 127.0.0.1 !
I'm using easyphp last version 5.3.6.0 on WHS 2011. I have remove all security measures on IE8, java scripts etc.
What i miss this time?
My brain?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Steam13

DoctorMalboro

Did you also change the path of the Settings.php?

Steam13

True, i explore every files where i can find replace with URL, and he return allways to to 1270.0.1:8080=localhost on the box of URL forum, but if i edit the settings.php i see my dyndns URL, if i edit paths with repair_settings.php there i can input my URL dyndns but on recommended value stills there the 127.0.0.1 and if try browse the dyndns URL give blank page. Its very annoying...

Illori

sounds like an issue with your router more then an issue with the repair_settings.php file.

CapadY

Did you empty your forum cache ?
If not the old path from the cache is used in stead of the new paths.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Steam13

OK solved!

Not the cache i try it, but it was the Firewall of WHS 2011 messing up with everything i remove all.. Apache, Easy Mysql and add again and voilá. Today i was objective the only thing it was different is the WHS, could only be him the origin.
Thx very much for your help give a little more of motivation really!
now time for i give my help to someone.

Once more I'm very greatfull

Advertisement: