News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

cant enter my site

Started by asduskun, March 25, 2011, 06:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asduskun

hi

I have just installed mod hide post package into my smf forum and after extracting at the bottom it asked me to test connection and i entered some values i don t remember them all but i think i have changed the server from localhost to ftp.asduskun.x10.mx which is my ftp server name but i think i mustn t have done so, so if this is the problem how can i change that value into localhost again? i tried settings.php but in there it was already localhost, should i delete that package from over my ftp account...by the way the erro i get is below

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Spoogs

May want to contact your host to verify that info.

Road Rash Jr.

If you want to restore your forum to before installing that mod, ftp to your forum folder, looking in Packages/backup for the file named 'before install' of that mod. Download to your computer, unpack and upload files to there appropriete areas. This is restore you forum to pre mod install.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Tyrsson

Did you change any permissions when installing the mod? YOu should ask your host for the server errors logs so that we can get a better idea of what caused the server to return a 500 upon request.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

asduskun

my host s answer:

cPane-->File Manager OR FTP

Check file permissions. Make sure they are 0644 (0666 or 0777 will cause that error).

If that doesn't work, check any .htaccess file and make sure you have

RewriteBase /

at the top.

but when i make it 644 i can t even access public_html folder and can t enter my site either, so now i m trying 775 as permissions

NanoSector

Quote from: asduskun on March 26, 2011, 05:10:24 AM
my host s answer:

cPane-->File Manager OR FTP

Check file permissions. Make sure they are 0644 (0666 or 0777 will cause that error).

If that doesn't work, check any .htaccess file and make sure you have

RewriteBase /

at the top.

but when i make it 644 i can t even access public_html folder and can t enter my site either, so now i m trying 775 as permissions
You should try 755 before that, 775 is still incorrect, AFAIK.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

asduskun

ok now i m changing them all into 755 but what about this answer from them, what does it mean and howcan i apply that?

"If that doesn't work, check any .htaccess file and make sure you have

RewriteBase /

at the top."

asduskun

Quote from: Road Rash on March 25, 2011, 09:46:38 PM
If you want to restore your forum to before installing that mod, ftp to your forum folder, looking in Packages/backup for the file named 'before install' of that mod. Download to your computer, unpack and upload files to there appropriete areas. This is restore you forum to pre mod install.

if this is the solution, i haven t install that mod before i got this error i just uploaded it into packages and when i installed and entered that values, i mean changed that server name which was localhost, i started getting internal server error, isn t there any solution to uninstall that mod and the changes it made to me without entering my site?

by the way will i want to change just folder permissions or will i apply it into subfolders and files as well? because i applied it into subfolders and it still continues and taking so long time?

asduskun

as i get 500 internal server error i deleted my database and export my old database which was working fine and i also deleted my forum files and uploaded the backed up ones but i still get this error..what is wrong ? it s not related to me i think...it was working fine when i first moved my forum on my current host but now i don t know what is wrong? everything is restored but still the error....as they suggested i changed permissions to 644 but then i can t even enter public_html folder? can someb

asduskun

İ THİNK NOBODY CARES THIS TOPIC ANYMORE

NanoSector

Quote from: asduskun on March 26, 2011, 10:28:47 AM
İ THİNK NOBODY CARES THIS TOPIC ANYMORE
Please keep calm and quiet.
We are all volunteers, and we will respond if we know the answer.

Plus don't bump your topic in 24 hours.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

asduskun

i m not bumping my aim is not that, i just get confused and i tried all the things people suggested me on here and thanks to them. i m student and will go to study for my exams that s why i m in a rush, sorry if i m wrong

NanoSector

Quote from: asduskun on March 26, 2011, 11:10:14 AM
i m not bumping my aim is not that
Actually, you were.
"Nobody cares about this topic anymore" = "I want people to care about it again", thus a bump.

Quote, i just get confused and i tried all the things people suggested me on here and thanks to them. i m student and will go to study for my exams that s why i m in a rush, sorry if i m wrong
Then try after your exams? No excuse can beat SMF (except suicide).

asduskun

Advertisement: