News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[4346] Textarea not saved

Started by Enc0der, March 27, 2011, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

Joker™

I think we should give this topic link on that thread as well, as this topic has some info which might help devs in writing the fix.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Illori

anything stopping you from doing that? ;)

Joker™

Done.

* Joker™  is way too lazy these days
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Trekkie101

Is this still relevant with drafts making it into 2.1?

emanuele

It's difficult to say...
Drafts are not enabled by default, and maybe the saved text is not the "final" (even though Spuds and me were thinking to save a draft before any fatal error while posting if drafts are active of course).
On the other hand this issue is somehow random: it appears, it disappears for a while, it come back in some browser but not in others and so on... :-\

Additionally I didn't test a lot the new editor...
* emanuele whistles innocently O:)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Trekkie101

New editor:

Firefox 3.6 - working fine, I had the last known broken version :P
Safari 6 - working fine
Chrome 21 - sort of works, if your on an SMF page and then goto post, the go back to another SMF page, then hit forward and its there, but if you go back to another NON SMF page say google.com, and then hit forward, it does't work.

I'd call it fixed or at least needs a lot more reports :P

Arantor

This is tracked on Github under https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/1204

There's some interesting debugging information here which is clearly the result of a lot of hard work (and is appreciated), but I suspect that the problem in current browsers may not be related - especially as in 2.1 we're using a different editor (and because of the complexity this is unlikely to be fixed in 2.0)

Advertisement: