News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Guest Permissions

Started by Bobn, March 29, 2011, 09:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobn

Hi,

Im wanting to create a board without registration so guests can post. Is there a way to approve guest posts? I mean, I will allow registration but not require it,, just need to keep an eye on them.

Illori

if you enable post moderation, you can enable guests to Post new topics, but hide until approved    
Help and Post replies to topics, but hide until approved. you can find these under permissions once you enable the post moderation under core features.

Acans

Another way is to go into (Admin > Permissions > Edit Profiles), than create a new board profile called "Guest" based of default.

Select the newly created profile, and check the permissions to create/post new topics/posts.

After you get the permissions sorted, create the new board and select the profile "Guest".

After that, Guests will be able to post only in your newly created board, or any other board you give the "Guest" profile too.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Bobn

Quote from: Illori on March 30, 2011, 05:52:43 AM
if you enable post moderation, you can enable guests to Post new topics, but hide until approved    
Help and Post replies to topics, but hide until approved. you can find these under permissions once you enable the post moderation under core features.

Hi, how do I do that?

Illori

how do you do which part?

Bobn

Illori

you can find these under permissions once you enable the post moderation under core features.

Bobn

Quote from: Illori on March 30, 2011, 11:16:07 AM
you can find these under permissions once you enable the post moderation under core features.

Using RC5 I was able to enable but for some reason dont seem to be able to find anything about guest permissions

Illori

under permissions -> guest click modify

James Main

On this subject sort of I have nearly all of  the permissions for guest shut off yet still have guests viewing the member info and other sections of the forum I have shut off to guests. Is there a back door  that others use to view my site or am I missing something on permissions that allows guest to go where they want?

Illori

most likely a "guest" has the url but is getting an error message. logout and go to the url you are seeing and see if they are seeing an error message or the actual information.

Advertisement: