News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

6 Custom buttons / tabs and menu's (upto 4)

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, July 26, 2010, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Quote from: topman on June 15, 2015, 02:07:30 AM
Try changing  your paths/urls in repair_settings.php

Import the file from SMF using FTP and check the suggested paths and then when youve done it delete the repair_settings from your webspace.
ummmm.... no.

Although he fixed it, this suggestion is incorrect...
The problem would have been that he installed the mod twice - he would have had to manually edit the code in various files to remove the duplicated installation
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Livaco

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Wow, I've been away so long and this mod is still getting replies, what trouble I have caused, hehe.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

erikgracht

I work with the Pagan theme. Then the submenu's are not displayed. When i set the theme to default it works. How can i make it work with the Pagan theme?

Steve

Did you have the Pagan theme installed when you installed this mod?
DO NOT pm me for support!

erikgracht

I set up a testsmf board, last version. Then i install Pagan and after that several mods, as simple audio video embedder, 6 buttons etc.
uninstall and new install wouldnt help there.

Kindred

can you be more specific about the report?

The submenus are not displayed WHERE? Can you provide a URL that demonstrates the issue?

(the reason I ask is that some themes specifically do not display dropdowns and other secondary menus)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

erikgracht

Hereby two screenshots. Pagan without submenu and default with submenu (i switches from theme to let you see the difference)

Kindred

Yup...   I suspect that the pagan theme does not do ANY "sub menus" for ANY of the menu items...   Which means that you would have to redesign the theme to allow the use of submenus
Слaва
Украинi

erikgracht

Hi Kindred,

Thanks for your reply, but I am afraid that I haven't the knowledge to do so.

Kindred

In that case, you would have to choose a different theme...   It is not an issue with this mod, but with your theme.
Слaва
Украинi

CHINasty

Hopefully I didn't pass over this question going through the thread. I can see the buttons while logged in, but cannot while logged out. How would I fix that to where the buttons can be viewed whether logged in or out?

br360

Check the permissions for guests; and any other membergroup as well. Look for "Custom Button Permissions" and make sure it is checked for each button you have created.

erikgracht

I don't think it is a permission case, because in Vector theme it's working well. And I gave the permission earlier.

br360

My post was responding to CHINasty's question. I think in your situation, kindred is right that it is probably the theme you are using.

CHINasty

I really appreciate the help. I honestly did not even think to check the permissions. I just assumed it would be in the code or whatever. Thank you very much.

Advertisement: