News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Wikipedia BBC

Started by Masterd, March 29, 2011, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masterd

Link to Mod

Wikipedia BBC 1.0.1

Author:

Masterd

Wikipedia BBC adds a powerful BBC wich allows you to search through the Wikipedia knowledge base. It's very simple to use. For example, if you want to search the database for "Simple Nachines Forum" then it will look like this:

[wiki]Simple Machnes Forum[/wiki]

This mod uses the integration hooks, so it won't make any changes to SMF's core files.

Wikipedia BBC Language Pack is a pack of multiple languages in which this mod is avaliable.

News in version 1.0

- Initial release

News in version 1.0.1

- Fixed a bug that may cause problems with some other mods

This modification is licensed under BSD License (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php)

Copyright (c) 2011-2014, Masterd
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Bugo

NanoSector

Nice! I like searching Wikipedia :P

But.....does it have the option to change between initial servers?
Like, default is en.wikipedia.org, can you change it to nl.wikipedia.org with the Admin Panel?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Bugo

It changes in WikiBBC.{your_lang}.php file.

NanoSector

Quote from: Bugo on April 06, 2011, 01:09:37 PM
It changes in WikiBBC.{your_lang}.php file.
Quotewith the Admin Panel?

:P

Would be a nice feature if it has.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Masterd

Thanks for the translation, Bugo! :D I added it into the language pack.

xrunner

Sweet Mod. These are the best - simple but very useful!

Masterd

Cutter65

Sweet mod.

Would this mod work with 2.0 RC3 if I emulate the install for RC5?

I have so many mods installed I'm trying to waiting 2.0 final to be released before going through the pain of all the reinstalling of the mods.

Masterd

This mod is using integration hooks, so it won't work on SMF 2.0 RC3. But, it will work on SMF 2.0 RC4.

Cutter65

Quote from: Masterd on April 10, 2011, 04:52:10 AM
This mod is using integration hooks, so it won't work on SMF 2.0 RC3. But, it will work on SMF 2.0 RC4.

Thanks for the info.

waruna

Hello there.

I'm using RC2, but when I install this mod, an error in SQL syntax appears. Does this mod support RC2?

Thanks in advance.
Trust of Lust

Arantor

Survey says no.

Masterd

I will just quote myself.

ChaosEnergy

added this mod to smf 2.0 final

result

quick edit
and quickquote

got broken by the mod
removig it, restores essential functionallity of the forum
Chaos Empire ®

Masterd

What other mods do you have installed?

mxcape21

Thanks for a great mod, but I am here because of a problem, I just discovered with this mod installed the post preview function does not work on my forum.  Please help me solve this problem its a great mod and I want to re-install it.  I also un-installed the IMDB mod because it' the same thing and I had both installed but the problem went away when I un-installed the wiki.

SMF 2.0 RC5  -   

Thank you.
The only thing I can presume, since I know I'm not crazy (certifiably at least), is that everybody else is until they prove otherwise! 8)
http://techraffle.com/forum/index.php

Mabba

Gruss
Mabba
SMF 2.0.9

Masterd

Thanks. I'll update it.

Advertisement: