News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Wikipedia BBC

Started by Masterd, March 29, 2011, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Had an HTTP header error when I went into my forums chat.

(Ajax chat integration).

Woulda been an ideal addition for the forum too.

:'(

Inti31

I had also problems with that mod in relation to the AJAX Chat. I posted that here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3308521#msg3308521

curious that behaviour...
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

TheListener

Quote from: Inti31 on June 05, 2012, 01:21:17 AM
I had also problems with that mod in relation to the AJAX Chat. I posted that here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3308521#msg3308521

curious that behaviour...

I musta missed it whoops.

Did ya manage to resolve the issue?

Inti31

No, I didn't, don't know what causes that behaviour - this wiki mod is well designed - but - my users want the chat - so I am without that wiki-mod - unfortunately...
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

Masterd

This mod is currently clear of all bugs. That's a fact, not a promotion if someone thinks about this sentence that way. It must have to do something with AJAX chat's code. Very unusual, especially with hooks. Hmmm.... ???

TheListener

Masterd ya absolutely correct.

It is the Ajax Chat mod causing this.

Very unusual for a mod to do so specially the bbc related. ( I use your imdb one with no problems).

The error message is:

QuoteWarning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs-WikiBBC.php:48) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxx/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41

Let me know if ya weant the file added. I have only installed this on my test forum so far.

Masterd

It would be nice if you can give that file.

TheListener

Arantor

It isn't the fault of the AJAX Chat file, as the error is in fact telling you. The error message says: output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs-WikiBBC.php:48

That's because Subs-WikiBBC.php has a space after the closing ?> which screws up the integration. Remove that space and it should work.

TheListener

Hmm I had a look but think it needs an experts eye.

Arantor

Which is why I took at look at it in the distribution of the package. After the closing ?> in the Subs-WikiBBC.php file is a space, remove that space and try it again.

Edit: Apologies for my annoying fingers.

TheListener

Quote from: Arantor on June 09, 2012, 06:59:17 PM
Which is why I took at look at it in the distribution of the package. After the closing ?> in the Subs-WikiBBC.php file is a space, remove that space and try it again.

Edit: Apologies for my annoying fingers.

I had a look and found no space.

???

Darn fingers are going on letters they shouldn't.

Arantor

I'm telling you, it's there. Open it in a decent text editor, click on the end of that line (line 48) and you'll find that space right there.

TheListener

I hold my hands up ( and leave the editing alone for the night).

OK so who is the scapegoat gonna be?  :)

Arantor

Well, seeing how it's a bug in the Wikipedia BBC mod, I'd say that's where fixing effort is required...

Masterd

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 09, 2012, 07:08:05 PM
I had a look and found no space.

???

Same here. Interesting...

Robert.

I'm seeing a space at the end too. ;)

Masterd

Which editor are you using?

Inti31

Whatever you've done - now it works - i installed first the new wiki mod, and then I installed the chat into my testforum - now both are working...

So nice that now this little bug in that mod is fixed..

cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

Masterd

Quote from: Inti31 on June 10, 2012, 08:28:44 AM
Whatever you've done - now it works - i installed first the new wiki mod, and then I installed the chat into my testforum - now both are working...

So nice that now this little bug in that mod is fixed..

cheers inti31

Thanks, good to know. I'm still waiting for Fossil's reply. 

Advertisement: