Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Link to Mod

PayPal Donate

Author: Labradoodle-360
Latest Version: 1.0
Compatible With SMF: 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5

Summary

This mod adds a simple, yet fully customizable and powerful system for adding a PayPal Donate button to a completely customizable block.

Controls

• Enable PayPal Donate Block - Checkbox
  • Donate Button Value - Defines the button to your PayPal account
  • Select Button Type - Allows you to change the button appearance.
  • Custom Button URL - If selected above, you can use your own image for the button!
  • Header Text - Allows you to define the block header text; if none is defined, default is used.
  • Choose Block Position - There are two positions; Upper/Lower. Upper shows up on all pages, lower just on the boardindex.
  • Hide PayPal Donate Block from Admins - Since it's permission based, we've added a toggle so you CAN hide the block from Admins!
  • Align Header Text - When we said completely customizable, we meant it. Left|Center|Right
  • Align Content - Again, you can align the actual content! Left|Center|Right
  • Header Background Type - Don't like catbg's? You can select either catbg or titlebg for the header!
  • Container Type - Windowbg, Windowbg2, or Roundframe!
  • Upper Content - We realize you might want to have something above your button, here you go! BBC is enabled for your convenience!
  • Lower Content - This allows you to put content below the button in addition or instead of upper content. BBC is also enabled!
  • Permission: Show PayPal Donate Block - Allows you to show the block to specific groups, this is handy if you have a Charter Membergroup.

Languages

Installation

Package Manager should work in most cases. If you need to make any edits, the full list can be obtained from the Parse function on the right.

Useful links
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Changelog

+) PayPal Donate 1.0 - Released on SMF

Files modified by PayPal Donate

SMF 2.0 RC4, SMF 2.0 RC5
Source Files (./Sources)

• Admin.php
  • Load.php
  • ManageSettings.php
  • ManagePermissions.php
Template Files (./Themes/default)

• BoardIndex.template.php
  • index.template.php
Language Files (./Themes/default/languages)

• Help.english.php
  • Modifications.english.php
  • ManagePermissions.english.php

Link to Mod | Support Labradoodle-360

Mick.

Matthew K.

Thanks :) I wrote it a long time ago...just thought I'd get it approved finally.

Alb0

Can't seem to install this on Mystic Jade theme :(
Any help?

Matthew K.

Bigguy

Nice going. I might have to check this out and install it. Good work. :)

Matthew K.

Hey Biggggguyyy :) Thanks, you should!

Alb0

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 22, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
Hey there, have you read through Manual Installation of Mods yet?
Yes I have. Tried to modify the custom theme to adjust to the mod, but didn't work.  :'(

Bigguy

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 22, 2011, 02:12:26 PM
Hey Biggggguyyy :) Thanks, you should!

It'll be on one of my sites for sure. ;)

Matthew K.

Go ahead and attach the template files that my mod modifies in your custom theme.
Quote from: Alb0 on April 22, 2011, 02:16:11 PM
Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 22, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
Hey there, have you read through Manual Installation of Mods yet?
Yes I have. Tried to modify the custom theme to adjust to the mod, but didn't work.  :'(

Alb0

Now I'm just getting an error whenever I try to install the mod. I uploaded an image with the Error. And I also uploaded the files the mod changes.

Matthew K.

It looks like almost all of the edits were in place, but the template_function() was missing, which was also why you were receiving the error.

Try the attached index.template.php file.

Alb0

Thank you. It worked.  :)

Bigguy

Works good, no errors at all. :)

Alb0

Getting this error again when trying to connect to the forums. I attached my Load.php
QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare template_paypaldonate() (previously declared in /home2/u8dtlxpb/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(2271) : eval()'d code:407) in /home2/u8dtlxpb/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(2271) : eval()'d code on line 503

Matthew K.

That issue is not being caused by Load.php, it's being caused by duplicate edits in a template file. Try attaching BoardIndex.template.php and index.template.php from your custom theme.

arreferee

What are the chances you might modify this to work on 1.1.13? 

Matthew K.

None of my mods that are not already 1.1x compatible will be ported back. I assume you know SMF 2.0 Final will be released soon, right?

arreferee

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 09, 2011, 12:25:39 PM
None of my mods that are not already 1.1x compatible will be ported back. I assume you know SMF 2.0 Final will be released soon, right?

Yes, I've heard 2.0 Final will be released soon, but I haven't found time to upgrade yet.  It's been too easy to keep upgrading with the package manager with 1.1.?

arreferee

Where can I find this:

Donate Button Value - Defines the button to your PayPal account

Matthew K.

Have you viewed the helptext for that field? It explains everything in great detail.

VinnyH

Any date for when it will be ready for 2.0? All the samples of earlier installs look good so I'll wait patiently.

Thanks,
VinnyH

Matthew K.

I do believe this mod is up for grabs. I have much bigger modifications that I plan on programming rather than a tweak like this.

Ludacriss

Is there an update for this Mod? It doesn't work with 1.1.15.

Matthew K.

You really should be on 1.1.16 now, and no, I dropped 1.1x support in my last version.

SycoKill3r

Well i read through all the comments and i still  have no clue where to find the "Donate Button Value" at . I looked through the readme and found nothing pertaining to that. And when i click the on my site all i see is this http://gyazo.com/dfb3b6be34d48c25f2d91e28ded2c6f5 So i have no clue where to go and what or where the "Donate Button Value" is ?

Can some not give me attitude saying go here or there and just help me out . im frustrated since i was given the role of fixing it on our site and i have no glue where to go.

Matthew K.

More than likely something is off with your theme. Have you tried running repair_settings.php?  (What is repair_settings.php?)

Furthermore, make sure all of the modifications edits were installed: Manual Installation of Mods

SycoKill3r

ok thanks for quick reply . i did not try repair_settings.php so i will try that and it said everything installed ok . so not sure why just that one image isnt working.

And repair thing dont even exist on my server so should i have one? ill have to do it as code so you can copy the url to see what it looks like cause it says it didnt find it
http://gyazo.com/cd70f981ef97a0a5b93e5ab7de8da2d2

Mactire

Anyone pickup the code for this mod?

I tried installing on 2.02 but keep receiving errors.

Matthew K.

What errors are you receiving when installing it?

FrizzleFried

I too can not locate my Paypal Donate Button value.

I click the question mark and a box pops up that says:

QuoteYou must enter your PayPal Donate Buttons Value (13 Digits) or the block will not show up.

Where do I find my buttons value?

Under that there is a box that that says:
QuotePaypal Donate Button Value
inside the box.  The box is not clickable.

EDIT: Oh,  and this is on a stock 2.0.3 installation.

Matthew K.

There used to be an embedded image in that helptext that showed where the code was in the HTML, but I hosted it on a server and it was removed.

Matthew K.

When you create your PayPal Donate button, it returns an HTML snippet to embed on your website, it looks like this: http://prntscr.com/omt0l

The value you pull out of that is whatever is in the value attribute for "hosted_button_id" hidden input. In this case: RMESPEGWMSNWY

justjim

Is this mod compatible with SMF 2.0.3 ?

Matthew K.

Using version emulate it should be.

hawkman

So will this mod typically expected to work on Smf 2.02 and 2.0.4  I currently have 2.0.2 but need to install the upgrade to 2.0.4 and need some solution for a paypal donate button.  I already set up a Paypay business account.

Thanks,

Hawk
All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Matthew K.

With a quick review of the edits, it should work. When you upgrade to SMF 2.0.4, just try installing it :) If there are any errors, don't proceed, but if there aren't you're all set. Make sure to use Version Emulate set to 2.0 RC5.

Johnny English

Hey Labradoodle, I'm just about to install this mod but is there any reason why it might not be compatible with 2.0.6? The latest release notes say that it is tested with 2.0.5.

Thanks

Edit: when I try to install it, I get a message saying "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF." Any thoughts?

Colin

Welcome to SMF!

The latest release says it is tested with 2.0 RC5 which stands for Release Candidate which is different thatn 2.0.5

Try installing it by emulating versions. Not sure how? Have a look here:

How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

Feel free to respond if you need any further assistance.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Johnny English

Thanks Colin. I put it into 2.0.5 using Version Emulation, it showed as installed but it didn't actually appear to do anything; it still gave me the "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF" message when I told it to install, and although it now appears in the list of uploaded mod packages it doesn't appear to have actually installed.

Arantor

Except he didn't say 2.0.5, he said 2.0 RC5 which is something different.

Johnny English

Ah, apologies for my dumbness. Now that I have exposed myself as being dumb, I might as well ask another dumb question - does using Version Emulation to an older build expose the forum to any security flaws that were present in that older version i.e. am I potentially compromising my board by using it?

Thanks for your help on this.

Arantor

No it does not.

All that happens is a mod says "I have install instructions for <these versions>", in this case the mod just says it has install instructions for 2.0 RC5.

By using the emulate function, all you're doing is saying "don't look for instructions marked 2.0.6, look for instructions marked 2.0 RC5 and use those".

Johnny English

Sir, you are a gentlemen and a scholar. That worked perfectly. My abundant thanks (and thumbs up for the cover of such a fine album as your avatar while I'm at it).

Arantor

Glad to be of service :)

(And yes, Powerslave is my favourite Iron Maiden album, with Number of the Beast a close second)

i_fiorentino

Hi everybody,
i've installed this mod but i've noticed that it hides to all visitors.
Is it possible to show this bar to all users and visitors?
This is my forum link: http://www.centrometeotoscana.it/forum/index.php [nofollow]
Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

i_fiorentino

Quote from: i_fiorentino on April 14, 2014, 10:13:00 AM
Hi everybody,
i've installed this mod but i've noticed that it hides to all visitors.
Is it possible to show this bar to all users and visitors?
This is my forum link: http://www.centrometeotoscana.it/forum/index.php [nofollow]
Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

Solved!
It was in the permissions board.
Regards,

Alessandro

RubberDucky

Is it worth it to put a Donate button? Do people really donate? I was thinking of putting it on my own gaming forum, but will it serve it's purpose, or will no one donate at all? Some people say that they receive no donations at all, and yet I hear that some forums cover all server costs just from donations.
My gaming forum: http://gamingforums.hostei.com. Please visit my gaming forum.
I want to become a bigforum when I grow up.

Matthew K.

Well, there's no harm in trying, is there?

RubberDucky

In a way there is harm, because people will either think that I am desperate for a few extra bucks per month or they will realize that sometimes forums may require upgraded hosting, which can cost up to 3 figures per month. I will try it one day when my gaming forum starts to get members.
My gaming forum: http://gamingforums.hostei.com. Please visit my gaming forum.
I want to become a bigforum when I grow up.

Matthew K.

Why don't you try putting it up for a week or two for a month and see how it goes?

pepa

Installed this using emulation on 2.0.14 with the Redsy theme.  Having the same problem reported by others ... can't find the 13 digit donate button value.  When I click on the help button all I see is a broken image url.
How can I access the value I need?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 06:05:27 AM
Installed this using emulation on 2.0.14 with the Redsy theme.  Having the same problem reported by others ... can't find the 13 digit donate button value.  When I click on the help button all I see is a broken image url.

I have not reviewed the mod but as I remember paypal I change certain things and that may be why this is giving you problems, and inspecting the item with some browser does not mark the route of the error?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on November 22, 2017, 09:39:00 AM
Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 06:05:27 AM

I have not reviewed the mod but as I remember paypal I change certain things and that may be why this is giving you problems, and inspecting the item with some browser does not mark the route of the error?

Regards!

Yes, thank you.  I guess I'm at the same route to nowhere that you describe?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 04:41:36 PM

I should see if I can see the code it could be that the security code was changed or something else was added, I see if I take some time to review and answer ;)

Regards!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on November 22, 2017, 09:17:36 PM
Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 04:41:36 PM

I should see if I can see the code it could be that the security code was changed or something else was added, I see if I take some time to review and answer ;)

Regards!

Anything happening about this?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on January 22, 2018, 05:12:05 AM
Anything happening about this?

I was reviewing but without logging in, it's really part of the lack of time for study topics.

Regards!

Advertisement: