Anti Spam

Started by Croco, February 21, 2008, 12:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark7144

Installed this on 1.1.13 which lead to everyone not being able to post links.

So I go into permissions and then explicitly set all groups to 'Allowed' for posting links and the result? Still everyone cannot post links.

Uninstalled for now as that is obviously an epic fail.

Mimmi

Quote from: mark7144 on May 20, 2011, 12:20:34 PM
Installed this on 1.1.13 which lead to everyone not being able to post links.

So I go into permissions and then explicitly set all groups to 'Allowed' for posting links and the result? Still everyone cannot post links.

Uninstalled for now as that is obviously an epic fail.

If you have local permission on boards, you have to go into each board and set the permission there too
Forum-junkie and still a newbie in the world of administrating php etc... Volunteers in reproductive rights. http://www.liv-laga.no/

DeathSign

Hi,

I upgraded this mod for SMF 2.x. It seems to work fine.

I did not really change the mod's code (which could be seriously improved). What I did is to add french language on it (translated by myself), and actually the permission name "add_links" is already taken by SMF Links mod so I renamed it to "post_add_links".

I let the author of this mod to do what it needs to be done.

Enjoy!
DeathSign

Croco

if you want maybe you could take ownership of this MOD.

My country has been on revolution since March 15th and I really didn't have much time to spares since, then

I really appreciate your help :)

Thanks,
I am back. I will try to catch up with some stuff soon.
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com
Andareen.net(Under Constraction :P)

New plans coming soon

Good links for you to visit:
Docs
Search

DeathSign

Hmm... I did 3 posts  :o That's because of the temporary server issue here, sorry =)

This is a simple mod, I'd say why not ? ^^ But I don't know how you can do this, I've no mod yet ;)

Thank you too ::)

Realinfo

Needed for 2.0.2.............

GL700Wing

Copied install file for SMF 2.0 from this post into package and updated package-info.xml to use it and renamed it to version 1.3 - no other changes.

Installed on SMF 2.0.15 and works as advertised - just make sure you update permissions to explicitly 'allow' relevant membergoups to post links as default permission is to 'disallow' posting of links for all existing membergroups (even moderators and global moderators).
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Gary

Quote from: GL700Wing on February 06, 2018, 08:25:27 PM
Copied install file for SMF 2.0 from this post into package and updated package-info.xml to use it and renamed it to version 1.3 - no other changes.

Sorry but I had to removed the attachment. The mod does not display a license, so for that we assume the most restricted permissions where redistribution is not allowed without the permission from the author.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

GL700Wing

Quote from: Gazmanafc on February 07, 2018, 09:42:59 AM
Sorry but I had to removed the attachment. The mod does not display a license, so for that we assume the most restricted permissions where redistribution is not allowed without the permission from the author.
No problems - wasn't sure of the rules/requirements but thought it was okay as the mod owner had suggested someone else could take over ownership of the mod.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

bukharifaran

I want to restrict members from posting links. I know about Anti Spam Links Mod which I can use to restrict members from posting links, or posting only nofollow links...

But I want one specific member group to allow posting all types of links on my forums. For example, on my education forum, I created a member group "AMPS Student" which means this member group will be assigned to only school students.

This member group is not based on post count. Its private and admin must assign this group to different members.

I have restricted other member groups which are post count based groups from posting links. But I want to allow private member groups to post links even if they have only one post in the group.

Kindly guide me how can I do this.
My Forum: Mobile Fun | My Blog: Mobile Fun Blog

Advertisement: