News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PayPal Donate

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 03:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Link to Mod

PayPal Donate

Author: Labradoodle-360
Latest Version: 1.0
Compatible With SMF: 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5

Summary

This mod adds a simple, yet fully customizable and powerful system for adding a PayPal Donate button to a completely customizable block.

Controls

• Enable PayPal Donate Block - Checkbox
  • Donate Button Value - Defines the button to your PayPal account
  • Select Button Type - Allows you to change the button appearance.
  • Custom Button URL - If selected above, you can use your own image for the button!
  • Header Text - Allows you to define the block header text; if none is defined, default is used.
  • Choose Block Position - There are two positions; Upper/Lower. Upper shows up on all pages, lower just on the boardindex.
  • Hide PayPal Donate Block from Admins - Since it's permission based, we've added a toggle so you CAN hide the block from Admins!
  • Align Header Text - When we said completely customizable, we meant it. Left|Center|Right
  • Align Content - Again, you can align the actual content! Left|Center|Right
  • Header Background Type - Don't like catbg's? You can select either catbg or titlebg for the header!
  • Container Type - Windowbg, Windowbg2, or Roundframe!
  • Upper Content - We realize you might want to have something above your button, here you go! BBC is enabled for your convenience!
  • Lower Content - This allows you to put content below the button in addition or instead of upper content. BBC is also enabled!
  • Permission: Show PayPal Donate Block - Allows you to show the block to specific groups, this is handy if you have a Charter Membergroup.

Languages

Installation

Package Manager should work in most cases. If you need to make any edits, the full list can be obtained from the Parse function on the right.

Useful links
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Changelog

+) PayPal Donate 1.0 - Released on SMF

Files modified by PayPal Donate

SMF 2.0 RC4, SMF 2.0 RC5
Source Files (./Sources)

• Admin.php
  • Load.php
  • ManageSettings.php
  • ManagePermissions.php
Template Files (./Themes/default)

• BoardIndex.template.php
  • index.template.php
Language Files (./Themes/default/languages)

• Help.english.php
  • Modifications.english.php
  • ManagePermissions.english.php

Link to Mod | Support Labradoodle-360

Mick.

Matthew K.

Thanks :) I wrote it a long time ago...just thought I'd get it approved finally.

Alb0

Can't seem to install this on Mystic Jade theme :(
Any help?

Matthew K.

Bigguy

Nice going. I might have to check this out and install it. Good work. :)

Matthew K.

Hey Biggggguyyy :) Thanks, you should!

Alb0

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 22, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
Hey there, have you read through Manual Installation of Mods yet?
Yes I have. Tried to modify the custom theme to adjust to the mod, but didn't work.  :'(

Bigguy

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 22, 2011, 02:12:26 PM
Hey Biggggguyyy :) Thanks, you should!

It'll be on one of my sites for sure. ;)

Matthew K.

Go ahead and attach the template files that my mod modifies in your custom theme.
Quote from: Alb0 on April 22, 2011, 02:16:11 PM
Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 22, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
Hey there, have you read through Manual Installation of Mods yet?
Yes I have. Tried to modify the custom theme to adjust to the mod, but didn't work.  :'(

Alb0

Now I'm just getting an error whenever I try to install the mod. I uploaded an image with the Error. And I also uploaded the files the mod changes.

Matthew K.

It looks like almost all of the edits were in place, but the template_function() was missing, which was also why you were receiving the error.

Try the attached index.template.php file.

Alb0

Thank you. It worked.  :)

Bigguy

Works good, no errors at all. :)

Alb0

Getting this error again when trying to connect to the forums. I attached my Load.php
QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare template_paypaldonate() (previously declared in /home2/u8dtlxpb/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(2271) : eval()'d code:407) in /home2/u8dtlxpb/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(2271) : eval()'d code on line 503

Matthew K.

That issue is not being caused by Load.php, it's being caused by duplicate edits in a template file. Try attaching BoardIndex.template.php and index.template.php from your custom theme.

arreferee

What are the chances you might modify this to work on 1.1.13? 

Matthew K.

None of my mods that are not already 1.1x compatible will be ported back. I assume you know SMF 2.0 Final will be released soon, right?

arreferee

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 09, 2011, 12:25:39 PM
None of my mods that are not already 1.1x compatible will be ported back. I assume you know SMF 2.0 Final will be released soon, right?

Yes, I've heard 2.0 Final will be released soon, but I haven't found time to upgrade yet.  It's been too easy to keep upgrading with the package manager with 1.1.?

arreferee

Where can I find this:

Donate Button Value - Defines the button to your PayPal account

Advertisement: