News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Email Template Editor

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

If I did decide to move CSS into an external file, it would be my OWN file. If I had one class, it would be different. But there's no point in adding another edit (to index.css) when I could just include my own file. EmailTemplateEditor.css

Joker™

Yup that would also do the needful.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Matthew K.

Although in this case I don't see much of a benefit to moving my CSS to it's own file. It'd still be returned in $context['html_headers'].

Bluey

Great mod. Pity it was not available for v1.1.13

Matthew K.

Thank you :) Yeah, it's too bad, although I'm not going to spend my time back-porting it.

Yourmum90

Hi,

Excellent mod by the way, i was looking to customize the mod further by using BBCode links etc.. is this possible anyway as i can't seem to get it to work. the main one i would like to use is

Please activate your account by clicking here

Also is there a list of all the commands anywhere?

thx,

Matthew K.

Thank you very much :)

I considered adding the support for basic HTML/BBC although just wanted to get it released after a lot of work, I'll reconsider this for the update when 2.0 goes final, basic HTML is possible for emails.

Also, I do believe I added the list of preset variables (as I call them) in a helptext somewhere...

Yourmum90

appologies, i have found a list on the left side when editing the email that has forumname, scripturl, themeurl and a couple more but i can't seem to find a readme file that has a list of all of them. The only reason i ask is that the username is not in the list on the left but is used in the default text.

Sorry for stupid question,

Matthew K.

Not a stupid question, so no problem.

It's possible I left one out from the left, I'll look into it for the update as well.

Yourmum90

I also noticed {realname} are these tags already predifined in SMF and that your taping into them allowing us to edit them, or have your created all the tags yoourself? it could be that if some of them are built into SMF i am asking in the wrong area?

Matthew K.

I made all of the ones listed on the left, although SMF has some extended for certain templates, which if used out of scope will not display anything but the raw {var}.

A possible feature I was considering adding would be custom "presets" which would allow you to add your own, although for the time involved, I didn't think it'd be worth it.

Yourmum90

Hi,

i have had to reinstall the mod on another forum but when i try and create the custom template, i get this error, i tried changing the permissions but did not fix the issue. can you help?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.blackphoenix.org.uk Port 80

Matthew K.

I would make sure your permissions are correct for the files, if not, possibly try contacting your host

Yourmum90

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, i have checked the permissions and all seem ok, i am also able to use other mods and use the forum without issues. I have contacted my host and awaiting a reply, are there particular permissions that are required for the mod to go through. A long shot just not to sure what else to check as it worked ok on another fourm with the same host.

Adrek

Polish translation (for now only UTF-8):

./Themes/default/languages/Help.polish-utf8.php
// Labradoodle-360; Email Template Editor
global $context, $txt, $scripturl, $settings;
$helptxt['email_template_help_global_presets'] = 'Globalne zmienne są prostymi skrótami, które mogą być dostępne w dowolnym wzorze email.<br /><br /><strong>Lista Globalnych zmiennych</strong><br /><div style="font-size: 6pt;">{FORUMNAME} => '. $context['forum_name']. '<br />{SCRIPTURL} => '. $scripturl. '<br />{THEMEURL} => '. $settings['theme_url']. '<br />{IMAGESURL} => '. $settings['images_url']. '<br />{DEFAULT_THEMEURL} => '. $settings['default_theme_url']. '<br />{REGARDS} => '. $txt['regards_team']. '</div><br /><em>Skrót => Wynik</em>';
$helptxt['email_template_help_send_test_email'] = 'Wysłanie testowego emaila pozwala na wybranie wzoru wiadomości oraz wpisanie adresu email odbiorcy w celu przetestowania własnego wzoru email.';
// End Labradoodle-360; Email Template Editor

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.polish-utf8.php
// Labradoodle-360; Email Template Editor
$txt['email_template_editor'] = 'Email Template Editor';
// End Labradoodle-360; Email Template Editor

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

admiral888

competiple with smf 2.0 ?

thank you for the mod.

Matthew K.

It should be compatible with SMF 2.0 using Version Emulate, either way, I'll be providing an official update shortly. It's on my to-do list.

Martingonnella

Hello,

Really like this MOD...I did the Emulate thing and it works on 2.0, then I reverted back to 2.0 and it still works. It would be Nice to have a 2.0 version made.

Is it possible to have the Test Button send out Test emails with the Normal Varibles and not the Test once instead?

Matthew K.

Eventually, I will release a version of Email Template Editor for SMF 2.0, although I am working on much more important things; especially since it works with emulate anyways.

Regarding the variables that can be sent in test emails, as I explained in the help text (I think?) the only variables that can be passed using the Test Email Template are the GLOBAL variables, all other variables are not global, and would have to be honed to a specific file, this would cause many more edits required for the mod, and then would still not fully allow all variables to be used, this is the way it will always be, unfortunately, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Labradoodle-360

studiowi33

This is great! Now all I need is a PM template creator.
SMF 2.0.2

Advertisement: