Email Template Editor

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Biology Forums

What an incredible MOD!

I wish it were available for 1.x, crap!

Matthew K.

Thank you very much :) And sorry, I don't ever intend on writing a 1.1x mod again (knock on wood).

Biology Forums

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 10, 2012, 04:58:24 PM
Thank you very much :) And sorry, I don't ever intend on writing a 1.1x mod again (knock on wood).

This should be standard on SMF. Don't get me wrong, I can do this myself by editing the language files, but what a hassle!

Matthew K.

Yeah, who knows, they might incorporate it for 2.1 if it's requested enough for the core. It's definitely more useful than having to manually modify the files, plus it stores the originals in case you want to revert.

Although it's definitely time for a rewrite if I ever have time :P

Biology Forums

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 10, 2012, 05:04:44 PM
Yeah, who knows, they might incorporate it for 2.1 if it's requested enough for the core. It's definitely more useful than having to manually modify the files, plus it stores the originals in case you want to revert.

Although it's definitely time for a rewrite if I ever have time :P

Naw, your coding is fine, they should ask for your rights :laugh:

iverSUN

jennyc

Hello

Apologies but I dont know how to do coding etc. I went to download this via the package manager and there wasn't a download button beside it and now I'm stuck. lol

Thanks guys
Jenny

Matthew K.

Here are some links that will hopefully be useful for you.

Laura CGA

Any chance of updating it for 2.02?    ...... Please

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

dvk01

I have join reason mod installed and want the join reason to be sent in the Admin Notify Approval email
how do I get that variable in there or can't it be done using this mod

Matthew K.

You're probably going to want to ask live (author of Join Reason Mod) how best to integrate his modification into Email Template Editor.

retiredat44

Like someone else said, it doesn't work with smf 2.0.2
===

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
===
Install ModPlease remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions.
Installations actions for "Email Template Editor" The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines

Matthew K.

Try a manual installation, other than that it won't work until I update it.

fairchilde

First off, GREAT mod!!!

Secondly, I have another mod (Join Reason) that I have modified to request for the name of the person/place referring them to my site.  I'd like to integrate their answer into the auto-generated email that comes to me as Admin (Admin Notify Approval).

My question is this: when using your mod to write up an email, there is a list of Global Preset Variables and I'd like to enter in a variable into that email that will automatically pull that into the email sent to me. Is that a possibility?

***EDIT*** I did notice that you had asked a previous poster to refer to the Join Reason mod dev on instructions regarding this, and I seem to have gotten a partial answer, but I still do not know how to manipulate the Global Variables to add a '{JOINREASON}'

Thank you!!!!!

Matthew K.

Hey there, thank you! :)

I don't know enough about how Join Reason works to integrate it on the fly for you...

fairchilde

Understandable, but isn't the Global Preset Variables for the Email part of your mod? How do I add more variables aside from the prearranged ones? ({REALNAME}, {USERNAME}, etc)

Matthew K.

Yeah, of course it's from my side. It's a simple str_replace(); on all of the variables. So to get join reason in scope it may be more than using a $context variable or something. The variables that are provided are variables that are already in scope, or already available for use in the template(s) already.

Look in one of the edits for a str_replace(); there are two arrays, one is 'searches', and one is 'replaces'. An example would be: $message_body = str_replace(array('{USERNAME}', '{REALNAME}'), array($context['member']['name'], $context['member']['real_name']), $message_body);

Advertisement: