Email Template Editor

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srs

In that case I think you need to explain how I install it. SMF recognises the package is there but there is no install button. I select Advanced and apply but no difference. What version am I supposed to emulate?

Matthew K.

The last version of SMF that this mod is available for. Off the top of my head, RC5?

Arantor

So in the short term, How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

In the long term, updating the mod perhaps?

Matthew K.

Arantor

So, next year then, assuming we're talking 2.1 stable?

srs

Tried the emulation route - still doesn't install.
Claims it cannot access files in c:intetpub. I do NOT keep files there so the install procedure should not look there.

Colin

What that?

Guessing you are on IIS?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

srs

No idea. I am setting up the forum on a windows platform using a well established web site.
My local copies of the web site are in one of my local drives - not c:
The installation should be taking place on the web site copy, NOT anywhere on my own computer or involving my own computer's file structures.

Arantor

The installation takes place wherever the webserver has the files. IIS uses C:\Inetpub to store websites... and I seem to remember it's an utter pain changing that.

Colin

As I think you might be still confused. Your web server is running Windows and the path C:\... returned is not on your local computer, but your windows web server.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

demlak

after editing package-info.xml to work with SMF 2.0.4 it seems the mod works with 2.0.4 like a charme.. i can´t find bugs at the moment.. so maybe you want to update the mod

Colin

Colin

demlak

for sure. it would be easier for me personally.. but i think it would be easier and more helpfull to make a small update of the mod... less people would be confused.. less people have problems on install.. its unnecessary to hint every few posts to emulate old versions..
so the community participates by only changing a single line in a xml file..

Colin

I agree, but the mod author is the only one who can change it.

Colin

littlenicki

Hello, could this mod possibly be backported for SMF 1.1.18 please? Thank you!
Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

Colin

It was discussed before, but I don't think LAB took onto the idea. You can manually edit the email templates, if you need to. Have you considered upgrading your forum to 2.X?

Colin

Matthew K.

A while ago, I would've considered more highly backporting some of my nicer modifications, however, now that SMF 2.1 is fairly close to being done and 1.1.x is also close to being done (:P) I'm not going to waste my time.

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on June 25, 2013, 08:24:26 PM
A while ago, I would've considered more highly backporting some of my nicer modifications, however, now that SMF 2.1 is fairly close to being done and 1.1.x is also close to being done (:P) I'm not going to waste my time.

and half a year later...

Matthew K.

What's the point in saying that? Now that Arantor is helping the development out, he's adding a lot and fixing a lot, which is taking longer, but it's still important to do. I'm not going to waste my time backporting mods to 1.1.

Arantor

And that's relevant how exactly?

Advertisement: