News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pre-Site Release Questions and Help!

Started by Jimmy05, April 01, 2011, 06:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy05

Hi,

I have some questions and need some last minute help before a site release. Trying for EARLY Monday morning!

What I need is:

By default the "Allow users to email me" in profile settings is checked - How can I, by default, have this unchecked?

What is the membergroup ID for a regular member? Or is there none? My best guess is 0 cause I can't find it anywhere! I have some php code that limits the amount of downloads and it's assigned by member group ID's.

I am moving to a dedicated host and with that I need to make sure the php ini and whatever else is setup to allow large files, up to 225MB. I know I'll have to change the upload_max and post_max. It doesn't work on my localhost for some reason, times out in about 1 seconds time and makes no sense, so I have to try it on the actual new host.

And lastly, is there a way to differentiate attachment size uploads for different member groups? The large files I only need one group to upload, all the rest can be much smaller.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jimmy

Jimmy05

Gosh I hate being a bumper, but I'm second page now and I think all the topic views are me  :'(

CapadY

Please don't bump. I can hardly believe you're on second page within an hour. As a matter of fact, I'm sure you where not.

Default membergroup id is zero indeed.

When you set an max upload of 225 MB while the max of your provider is lower you'll also have a time-out.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Jimmy05

QuoteI can hardly believe you're on second page within an hour
??? It was 10+ hours ago

QuoteWhen you set an max upload of 225 MB while the max of your provider is lower you'll also have a time-out
What do you mean?

CapadY

Not understanding "don't bump within 24 hours"

+

Not understanding "don't pm unless invited"

=

No more support from me.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Jimmy05

I PM'ed you because I offered money for support... Sorry I didn't read your signature

Thanks though

EDIT: And the reason I offered money for support is because I figured you offered a lot, if not all support, voluntarily and free of charge. Thought I could give something back to what you give...

Advertisement: