News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

twitter - facebook login / registration for SMF

Started by guddone, April 02, 2011, 11:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guddone

twitter - facebook login / registration for SMF
I would like to know how to get the twitter/ facebook login/ register API / button for a forum so that twitter/facebook account owners can also register/ login into the forum using their twitter/facebook account . I would really appreciate some help. I tried searching this site for something like this but i couldn't find any  :(

Bigguy

Have you searched the mod site for these mods. ???

fwitt

Douglas

Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

ARG01

Quote from: fwitt on April 02, 2011, 11:10:27 AM
searching the mod site for facebook brings up:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2322

I attempted to assist the OP with this mod. It does not seem that it is compatible with custom themes, which should be stated in it's Features listing, not sure why it is not? Many manual edits may be required to use with a custom theme as I received 8 (eight) index.template.php "Test Failed" with every custom theme installed.
Also received a "Test Failed" on Sources/Subs.php even when attempting a default theme (RC5) install. 
I have not tried the mod on a 1.1.x site. I see that the mod has had 18 updates with many fixes since creation. As with most mods, I would suggest a full backup before attempting to install.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

vbgamer45

I have login/registration script for social networks for SMF http://www.smfhacks.com/social-login-pro.php
There is still one feature I need to really add and that is to allow social logins/merging for existing forum accounts.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ARG01

I was going to point him your way be I thought I would try the mod on a test site first.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: