News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ambassador

Started by Crip, April 03, 2011, 01:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Link to the theme

Ambassador theme is based on Curve theme.

A dark theme with gold-ish colors and gradients. 2.0 ready!

=> Demo
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Hasta La Vista

Rain Forest

Fussilet

perfect theme...

congrats sir...

fishbone

Hi,

I like this theme very much, the black and gold accents give it a very stylish look. For my forum, I would like to incorporate a background image in the header area, just like you did in Actualism. Would you be able to assist me with the code?

Thanks

Crip

..it's basically ike SMF Default theme , so what works on it , ''should''  work on Ambassador as well...

- Abraham Lincoln -

Amanda.

Lovely theme :)
I'm using it on 2.0 gold, the only issue I have is that the text in the reply box is appearing rather large in all browsers.
Any way around this?

Crip

Find and replace this part of Quick≥Reply in css/index.css

/* Styles for the quick reply area.
---------------------------------------------------- */

#quickreplybox
{
padding-bottom: 1px;
}
#quickReplyOptions .roundframe
{
padding: 0 10%;
}
#quickReplyOptions form textarea
{
height: 100px;
width: 635px;
max-width: 100%;
min-width: 100%;
margin: 0.25em 0 1em 0;
}

that should do it.

- Abraham Lincoln -

infoseeker

Great design crip
A real gold theme for smf 2.0 gold
Great job brother.

You are the greatest theme coder for SMF.
wish you all the best

GOD BLESS YOU.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

WantSome

Hi Crip

I'm loving your theme on my forum since I've upgraded to 2.0.  It's given my forum a fantastic facelift.

Like a poster above, I'm finding that when I reply to a topic, the text in the box is quite large.  I've tried what you recommended previously but it hasn't really changed anything (those are the dimensions of the quickreply area already on my forum css/index.css).

I have this problem when replying to a topic and when modifying a topic in the topic view area.

EDIT:

I'm also having an issue in my error log saying that the following file doesn't exist forum/Themes/ambassador_2_0/images/theme/frame_repeat.png

Can you tell me where it is or send it to me so I can put it in the right place?  It lists about a hundred refering pages so I'm guessing there is something not obvious missing from the theme folders.

Thanks!

MiY4Gi

Quote from: WantSome on September 04, 2011, 03:34:59 AM
Hi Crip

I'm loving your theme on my forum since I've upgraded to 2.0.  It's given my forum a fantastic facelift.

Like a poster above, I'm finding that when I reply to a topic, the text in the box is quite large.  I've tried what you recommended previously but it hasn't really changed anything (those are the dimensions of the quickreply area already on my forum css/index.css).

I have this problem when replying to a topic and when modifying a topic in the topic view area.

EDIT:

I'm also having an issue in my error log saying that the following file doesn't exist forum/Themes/ambassador_2_0/images/theme/frame_repeat.png

Can you tell me where it is or send it to me so I can put it in the right place?  It lists about a hundred refering pages so I'm guessing there is something not obvious missing from the theme folders.

Thanks!

Ah, yes, the problem with the frame_repeat file. What I did was place a dummy frame_repeat.png file (i.e. an empty txt file renamed to frame_repeat.png) in there. I already contacted Crip about it and he said that the file isn't needed, so all you need to do is remove the reference of the file in the ambassador css file.

So find in Ambassador's index.css:

/* the content section */
#content_section
{
background: #2c1B1B  url(../images/theme/frame_repeat.png) repeat-y top left;
padding-left: 20px;
}
#content_section div.frame
{
background: url(../images/theme/frame_repeat.png) #3f1B1B repeat-y top right;
display: block;
padding: 0 20px 0 0;

Replace with:

#content_section
{
/*background: #2c1B1B  url(../images/theme/frame_repeat.png) repeat-y top left;*/
}
{
/*background: url(../images/theme/frame_repeat.png) #3f1B1B repeat-y top right;*/
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Crip

Quote from: WantSome on September 04, 2011, 03:34:59 AM
Hi Crip

EDIT:

Thanks!

Best / easy way , is delete it out of there..css/index.css

#content_section
{
background: #2c1B1B  url(../images/theme/frame_repeat.png) repeat-y top left;
}
{
background: url(../images/theme/frame_repeat.png) #3f1B1B repeat-y top right;
}

Until it looks like So:

#content_section
{
background: #2c1B1B;
}
{
background: #3f1B1B;
}

- Abraham Lincoln -

WantSome

Thanks MiY4Gi & Crip!

MiY4aGi's suggestion seemed to work.  I'll try Crip's suggestion on my forum soon.

Can either of you figure out if it's possible to make the text in the posting box smaller?  Whenever I reply to a topic on my forum the text in the box is enormous.  I'm not sure where to find this on the stylesheet.

Crip

Should be as Default --

/* The font size of textareas should be just a little bit larger. */
textarea
{
font: 100%/130% verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;  <===========================>
}

- Abraham Lincoln -

ARG01

I am really liking the colors of this one. Nice work Crip.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

WantSome

Hi Crip!

I have had a few users with a slight issue on this theme and hoped you could help.

On the forum page or topic list, if there are 'new' replies a little 'new.gif' image displays (it's just a yellow gif with the word 'new' on it).

Some of my users say that the gif doesn't work at all...  they get that default broken image pic instead and it doesn't look good.  I've tried everything I can think of - I even linked the gif in a post, and they saw it so it worked, but for some reason it's not showing up on their screens in the topic list.

We've also tried:
clearing the cookies and cache
changing the settings on their browsers
different browsers
mobile phones

The same problem exists across all browsers for these two or three users.  I can't replicate their problem, the image works for me on all browsers and PCs so far.  I don't suppose you have some clue what this could be?

Thanks!
WS

MiY4Gi

This doesn't sound like a theme problem. It could be a server problem (on your side), or a router/internet problem (on their side).

Do those users have antiviruses? From what location were they logging into the forum (work or home)? Do they use proxies?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Crip

Quote from: WantSome on September 12, 2011, 06:12:04 AM
Hi Crip!

I have had a few users with a slight issue on this theme and hoped you could help.

On the forum page or topic list, if there are 'new' replies a little 'new.gif' image displays (it's just a yellow gif with the word 'new' on it).

Some of my users say that the gif doesn't work at all...  they get that default broken image pic instead and it doesn't look good.  I've tried everything I can think of - I even linked the gif in a post, and they saw it so it worked, but for some reason it's not showing up on their screens in the topic list.

We've also tried:
clearing the cookies and cache
changing the settings on their browsers
different browsers
mobile phones

The same problem exists across all browsers for these two or three users.  I can't replicate their problem, the image works for me on all browsers and PCs so far.  I don't suppose you have some clue what this could be?

Thanks!
WS

I would have to agree with MiY4Gi , not ever header of it myself??

- Abraham Lincoln -

Advertisement: