News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ambassador

Started by Crip, April 03, 2011, 01:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WantSome

Thanks guys!

I'm gonna try to get online with them this weekend (they're in a different timezone) to figure out what's up.  Incidentally - none of the theme's 'new' gifs work.

Strange, since every other gif/png/jpg seems to work, just not THOSE ones. 

((Checked out your site, MiY4Gi!  Got a place I can comment on it?))

MiY4Gi

Heeeeeh?! Really?! Thank you. There's no place on the site to comment, but you can tell me here what you think. I've still got plenty of work to do on it, so it will be a few months before I start advertising it to the public.

So what do you think? I'm still a bit skeptical about using a dark theme since I don't know if new forumites will like it. Most forums I've been on use light colored themes. Anyway, one major change I'm considering making to the theme is to the make the main menu and other headings rectangular (the curved edges bother me), but I'll still deciding whether it would make the theme look better or worse. I'm very picky, and I won't settle until I'm totally satisfied.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

WantSome

Hey MiY4Gi...  I couldn't resist checking out your site *is also from SA originally and a fan of anime*  WHY WASN'T YOUR SITE AROUND WHEN I LIVED THERE?!

I use the dark theme as my default theme (because my own tastes run towards that) and I have Crip's Flagrantly theme set up so users can choose a lighter theme (some people prefer this if they have poor eyesight).  I actually prefer rounded corners but I suppose that's just a matter of personal preferences. 

I don't wanna clutter up Crip's thread with comments so I'll PM ya!

CRIP!!
I love both the themes.  I suddenly realised I didn't gush quite enough about how lovely they are.  Nice work!  Your Ambassador theme fits perfectly with my forum's feel (to me) so it was a gift to discover it upon upgrading to 2.0 and browsing new forum looks. 

The only thing I changed (baring a custom logo)  is the little image that displays if new posts are shown in a child board (called 'on2.png').  The two white pages seemed a little out of sync with the gold/black dots of the other boards.  So I made a brown one (hope you don't mind).  It's just a darker version of the 'on.png' image for new posts in main boards.   :laugh:

(still haven't worked out why the 'new.gif' doesn't work for two members.  will report back if I ever come up with a solution!)

Crip

Quote from: WantSome on September 13, 2011, 04:34:09 PM
CRIP!!
I love both the themes.  I suddenly realised I didn't gush quite enough about how lovely they are.  Nice work!  Your Ambassador theme fits perfectly with my forum's feel (to me) so it was a gift to discover it upon upgrading to 2.0 and browsing new forum looks. 

The only thing I changed (baring a custom logo)  is the little image that displays if new posts are shown in a child board (called 'on2.png').  The two white pages seemed a little out of sync with the gold/black dots of the other boards.  So I made a brown one (hope you don't mind).  It's just a darker version of the 'on.png' image for new posts in main boards.   :laugh:

(still haven't worked out why the 'new.gif' doesn't work for two members.  will report back if I ever come up with a solution!)

Kool , you can change anything on it , all but the Copyright. 
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

MiY4Gi

How do I change the color of that forum frame? I edited the color in the css, but it seems that there's a color gradient at the top 3rd of the frame that seemingly can't be edited in the index.css file.

The code I changed is:

/**** The border like frame for ambassador. ****/
#border-wrap {
border: 2px solid #000000;
background: #825b32/***#1f1f1f***/ url(../images/frame/border_bg.gif) top left repeat-x;
padding: 10px;
}

I just changed the color #1f1f1f to #825b32.

How do I change the color at the top of the frame?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Crip

It's an image , small image ==> so color it in PS or something ..

- Abraham Lincoln -

MiY4Gi

Quote from: Crip on October 27, 2011, 07:03:42 AM
It's an image , small image ==> so color it in PS or something ..

What's the name or location of the image? I can't find any reference to it in the index.css file, but then, I don't know what to look for.

Crip

"(../images/frame/border_bg.gif);"

- Abraham Lincoln -

vet_ca

A really beautiful theme that compliments our logo and overall forum superbly.  Thank you so very much.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

vet_ca

Hi Crip,

Very sorry to bother you but I've noticed two things I'd like to fix while I'm setting up my new board:

1)  There seems to be a gray area at the bottom of every page on the forum (beginning with the index page).  See image   This is in the footer.  Is there any way to make this black like the rest of the pages?

2)  The default font color seems to be a gray color and doesn't show up quite as brightly as I'd like.  What would I need to change and what would I need to change it to to make the text brighter or even white?

I'm in the process of reworking my site logs to more closely match the colors in Ambassador.

Thank you for your help.
vet_ca

Crip

vet_ca,
what browser were you using to Capture your Shot??

css/index.css Find & Replace
html {
   background: #757575;
}

css/index.css Find & Replace
/* Set a fontsize that will look the same in all browsers. */
body {
background: #000;
font: 78%/130% "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;
margin: 0 auto;
margin-top: 15px;
padding-top: 15px;
background-image: -o-linear-gradient(center top,rgb(0,0,0) 0%,rgb(117,117,117) 100%);
background-image: -o-linear-gradient(rgb(0,0,0),rgb(117,117,117));
background-image:-o-linear-gradient(left top, left bottom, color-stop(0, rgb(0,0,0), color-stop(1, rgb(117,117,117))));
background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear,  left top,  left bottom,  color-stop(0,  black),  color-stop(1,  #757575));
background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(center top,  black 0%,  #757575 100%);
background: -o-linear-gradient(left top, left bottom, rgb(0,0,0), rgb(117,117,117));
background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top,rgb(0,0,0),rgb(117,117,117));
background-image: linear-gradient(top,rgb(0,0,0),rgb(117,117,117));
margin: 0;
padding:0;
min-height: 100%;
min-width: 780px;
width: 100%;
max-width: 2300px;
height: 100%;
}

- Abraham Lincoln -

vet_ca

Hi Crip,

Thank you for the replacement code.  I'm using FF 10.0.2

I'll try the code tomorrow 'cause I just came home for a hectic day at work.

Cheers

WantSome

Hi Crip!

I use your Ambassador theme as my default and really love it (never had issues before).  But yesterday a user posted that when he uses his iPad to visit the site, it displays strangely.  The image demonstrates:

Can you think what this might be? Is there a way to fix it?  I also use your Flagrantly theme and have asked the user to change themes and report back if the same thing occurs on Flagrantly.  I'll let you know what comes back.

Crip

hi,
I have no idea , unless it's the [ HEIGHT of your logo ]
.....but I will check the Theme ASAP!

- Abraham Lincoln -

WantSome

Hi Crip!

I'm not sure if it was a bug, or how it got fixed, but the user with the issue reports that suddenly there isn't an issue with the theme on his iPad any more. 

I don't have an iPad in order to test it either, but my android tablet displays fine.

Go figure, right?  It's a miracle.

WS

WantSome

Sorry for the double post.

The problem seems to return intermittently.  Today the buttons are flashing green, he says, whereas in that image I posted they were purple. 

The forum is still use-able, but I figured you'd want to know.

parihar40

nice theme!! good one :)

Crip

Hi,
I really do not what causes that to happen ?

Quote from: WantSome on August 24, 2012, 03:54:44 AM
Sorry for the double post.

The problem seems to return intermittently.  Today the buttons are flashing green, he says, whereas in that image I posted they were purple. 

The forum is still use-able, but I figured you'd want to know.

- Abraham Lincoln -

Advertisement: