News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

*Help* Maintenance Mode

Started by _ang, April 03, 2011, 01:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_ang

Oh boy. How do I get it off maintenance mode if I cannot access the Admin screen?

maximus23

Hi,

Edit the file settings.php to the root directory for your forum and modify :

$maintenance = 0;  # Set to 1 to enable Maintenance Mode, 2 to make the forum untouchable. (you'll have to make it 0 again manually!)

:)
Pas de support par PM ou Courrier...Veuillez utiliser le forum pour vous avoir une réponse rapide à votre demande d'aide. Merci.
Amitiés et à Bientôt...
No support by PM or Mail...You will get better and faster responses in the support forums. Thank you.
Have a nice day...

_ang

It's already set to 1, I need to get it get off maintenance mode so I'm guessing I should change it to 0?

Illori

yes set it to 0 and your forum should be back to normal.

_ang

If that doesn't work? The error message I'm receiving is that it cannot connect to the SMF db.

Illori

did you change anything else in that file?

_ang

I didn't. I had put it in Maintenance Mode to do a backup. Then went to go prune and that's when it went kaboom.

So I'm restoring the backup now, but never having to do it before, I'm not sure how long it's suppose to take. The backup is almost a gig.

Sleezy

Did you do something to the forums URL?
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Illori

Quote from: lowrida018 on April 03, 2011, 03:27:03 PM
Did you do something to the forums URL?

that has nothing to do with database connections and the op said they only changed the maintenance mode.

Sleezy

Well, this happened to me, and it was because I changed the forum URL (I was new to SMF at the time) So thats why I asked that... :)

Illori

changing the url to the forum would not cause this issue, unless you changed the url for the database server.

Sleezy

That's what I did, and I don't want to just talk about other problems on this user's thread.

_ang

I didn't change the forum URL, only set it to Maintenance mode, then did a backup and then went to go prune. That's it. I'm uploading the backup now and it's taking quite a while to upload.

Illori

if you had asked for further help before starting to upload the backup we might have been able to fix the issue. but too late for that attempt now.

Sleezy

_ang

It's just a pretty colour, that's all.

My apologies, one of the other moderators suggested restoring the backup. At this point, am I just stuck waiting until the restore is done? It's been going on for quite a while. I'm hoping that it hasn't bombed too. How will I know if the uploading the backup doesn't work?

Illori

if your forum does not seem to function correctly then it may not have been successful. although you are not telling us if you are restoring files or the database.

_ang

I used the backup wizard and followed it's directions to restore the db.

eta. The restore has been going for about an hour now. The progress bar on my browser hasn't changed at all.

Sleezy

What database hosting you using? Mysql, ect.

Sleezy

If your using Mysql, just do what you were doing, restore the database.

Advertisement: