Packages trouble

Started by Jesna, April 08, 2011, 01:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesna

I recently upgraded from 1.1.13 to 2.0RC5. Everything seems to work fine except installing packages.

FX TopicSolved mod;
The package manager tells me that is has to change some file/folders permission for it to install. When it fill out my ftp info and push next it will give an internal server error and I have to restore the whole home directory.
It is always the same folder it want to change permission for /home

If i try install portamx mod it will say there is some files/folders it has to change. There is 14 and its all /home. Any have any idea what wrong??

/Jakob

kat

If you go to Admin>Packages>Options, what appears in the box marked "FTP Server:"?

Jesna

The FTP server is: localhost

Jesna

You can see this picture below. It tells me that is has to change permissions.

You can see where I have painted red there is 14 files there. When I check which files it wants to change it is /home and it is there 14 times. So I might think it is when it has to create a (new)file

Illori

it is possible that your server does not like 777 permissions take a look at this and see if you can manually change the permissions so that those files/folders can be created. How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Jesna

Hi Illori

I use 755/644 for folders/files. My host has also tried reset the permissions for me but didnt work. Im really lost here. I have checked owner/group rights and my host says its fine.

Its always the same it wants to change permission for /home

/Jakob

kat

Jesna

Yes and its all fine and I use the recommend settings

kat

This "internal server error".

Any more details?

Or, is it just a 500 or something?

Also, has your host upgraded a server, or anything?

If they have, or they've been tinkering with it, you may not have full ownership of your files.

Don't worry, if you don't understand that, coz it's a *nix/Linux thing.

Ask your host, just in case. They'll know.

Although you say "I have checked owner/group rights and my host says its fine.", they may have just forgotten about this.

Jesna

If I remember correct its a 500 there puts the whole domain in a internal server error. My forum is at forum.xxxx.com

I have asked them about ownership of my domain and olders/files and they said its fine as it should be. Its Rochenhost UK I use

kat

Bugger.

A 500's a real arse, because it's a generic one.

Basically, it just means "It's broken".

About as much use as a ham sandwich in a synagogue. :(

Anything showing-up in your SMF error logs?

Jesna

Nope no errors in smf log and no errors in server log :(

Well I might try make a new install of SMF and then imort database and attachments and see if its the same

kat

That sounds like a damned good plan, to me.

I wouldn't reinstall, though.

I think I'd try getting the archive, dearchiving it and uploading all the files, overwriting what's there, now, first.

DON'T UPLOAD SETTINGS.PHP or INSTALL.PHP, though.

Jesna

Juubiii i fixed it..  :)

Now you may not laugh...  ;)

I just deleted the classic and the babylon theme via admin. There must have been something wrong with those, it couldnt find them. But the package manager wanted to write to those and there for it was all /home...

Thanks for your helps guys.

Regards Jakob

kat

Ahhhhh!

That old chestnut!

Sorry, Bwana!

I forgot all about those damned themes!!!

Well figured, that bloke!

Advertisement: